Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Lot Of Gray on Easter Sunday

8:15
Barb and Jim on Fox's Point
A Sunny Saturday



Up at 7:00, gray skies, no sunrise this morning and warm, 40º, though the lake is still frozen.  A couple more days like yesterday and we will have an open lake, though snow flurries are predicted for the next three days.  I forgot to mention that Friday night, when we went to the Rod and Gun Club, there were lots of Amish out on the lake, fishing, like a small village on ice.  Occasionally, the past day or two,  I might see a single fisherman off of Long Point but close to shore.

A typical Saturday for us,  classical yoga with Chris, at 9:00, a work out for Evie.  How can I write about the same thing each day but in a different, interesting way?  There were only four of us in yoga, as many were away for the Easter weekend.  Yoga was fun as we worked on one side of the torso, then the other, stretching the back and spine, then arms and legs.  I need to write these poses down because they are forgotten within a day or two unless they hurt or were difficult...then I remember them.  We stopped at Ryder's Cup, talked with Joyce and her daughter.  Liz, one of the yoga people, asked if we wanted to cross country ski but we had put away our skis the day before, thinking winter is on its way out.

We relaxed most of the afternoon though Evie spent hours on the computer, attempting to organize our pictures by year, family, and place on Aperture, my Apple photo application, .  She has the patience of Job, going through the years, ordering them, occasionally screaming for me to come and see this great, forgotten picture of our grandchildren.  We do have some amazing pictures from the past fifteen years here at Chautauqua, and pictures I had made from our slides from Hawaii, Turkey and our first years back in the States.  The digital revolution in photography is a huge advance but it also encourages you take ten pictures for every one you might have taken with print photography, thus the hours on the computer yesterday.

After lunch, I went into the garage to start my Honda Accord, after a winter in the garage and the battery was dead. So I called AAA, and they came out within the hour, put the jumper package on my battery, and the car started right up.  I took it out for a spin, to the Lighthouse, to pick up some buns and ground chuck for dinner and stopped at the CI library which, unfortunately, was closed.  Then, I went home and watched some basketball before taking a walk through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods...it was too nice to stay inside.  It was a sunny afternoon, with signs of springs dotting the floor of the woods.  It's striking how a day of sun brings up the green shoots.
Signs of Spring...a skunk cabbage rising through snow

Woodlawn Creek, Late Afternoon

I walked for about forty minutes then came home and grilled the burgers outside, which we had for dinner with sweet potato fries.  I watched all of the dismaying Ohio State/Wichita game.   The Buckeyes chose yesterday to play their worst game of the year, awakening only in the last six minutes but it was too late.  Two more good games today and March Madness will be down to the final four.  We will be in Kansas City next weekend, so my son Tom, his son Nick and I will spend a good part of next Saturday afternoon, in their basement theater, watching the two semifinal games.  I have to admit to getting surfeited with basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...