Friday, March 22, 2013

Six More Inches of Snow On The Second Day of Spring

Second Batch of Easter Cookies Are On Their Way
Snow Covered Pines in Backyard


7:30

Frozen Bench

Yesterday's Sunrise

It's 6:50 and I have been up for a half an hour.  We had another three or four inches of snow last night, not the ten inches they were predicting.  It's still dark so I cannot see much other than the tree in our front yard. Today was the second day this week I was supposed to drive to Erie to the Honda dealer, but I have cancelled both appointments because of the weather predictions.  I guess I am a chicken about driving on snowy roads.  It's now 7:09. overcast but no snow at the moment, no wind either, quite a change from the last few days.

By the way, I have forgotten to mention the absence of fishermen on the lake the last few days, not sure why because it's been cold and snowy.  Someone told me that fishermen were not allowed on the lake after March 15 but I have never heard that before so I assume it's apochryphal.  We did see a couple of snow mobiles coming towards us, from Bemus, a couple of nights ago.

Snow Shoe Lady
We were able to do yoga and work out yesterday, the roads clear though wet, no snow till the mid afternoon.  It  felt good to get back in the routine, again we did different poses, a couple which I just could not do as my knees are just not as flexible as must people, especially if I am kneeling and try to bend backwards, stretching both the knees and torso.   We made our bi weekly trip to Wegman's, shopping for a couple of weekend meals.  Our good friend, John Allen, a high school, college, and Hawaiian friend is flying in from Maui today for the weekend, to visit family and see his son play at Carnegie Hall next week.  He has been to Chautauqua a couple so times before but only in the summer.    He has a surprise coming.

I spent most of the afternoon reading some but watching quite a bit of March Madness, channel surfing between the four games.  The most exciting was the comeback of Marquette, defeating Davidson with three three pointers and a layup in the last minute or two.  Poor Davidson, so upset minded until the last second.

We had the last, thank god, of the corned beef and cabbage for dinner.  I think I have had enough for awhile, as I have had it for lunch a couple of times as well.  We watched more basketball (poor Evie), saw Akron get destroyed by VCU and watched some of American Idol.  I have to admit to liking it still, especially if you get to know the contestants, start to like some, see them grow, and wish the best for them.  And Nikki Minaj one of the judges is a riot.  We both really like music producer Jimmy Lovine's analysis of each contestent...he tells the truth, that some are better than others.  Unfortunately, the worst singer made it through the night, a sympathy vote I think because he broke down in tears the previous night after his performance.  I cannot believe I am writing about American Idol.  Where has my taste, my 'supposed' sense of culture gone.  As my buddy Mac would say, 'moose shit but delicious.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...