Friday, March 1, 2013

First Friday In March

Halle Loving Granny's Cookies
New Sleds, Ready For The Grandchildren, Next Winter

7:15

A Lone Fisherman, Early Morning

Up around 6:40, to an inch of snow and cold, 25ยบ outside, a bit chilly in the house as well so I turned on the fire place.  That sounds strange, to turn on the fire place but that's what I did, with my remote.  What a luxury.

I took yesterday off from yoga, as my hip is bothering me some, and our yoga guru is in Goa, India, for a couple of weeks, at a yoga ashram.  I also had a problem with the car, a loose hose, which the Keystone fellows fixed for twenty bucks, and I dropped by taxes off in Jamestown, at Kurt Westrom's office, an easy and fairly cheap way to make sure I am legal.  I could easily do it with Turbo Tax but for twenty five bucks more, Kurt does it.  When I returned, around 10:30, Evie left to spend the afternoon getting her hair trimmed at Master Cuts (the cheapest place in town), working out at the YMCA and doing some shopping.  She did not get home till 4:30 so I had an afternoon of large leisure, which I wasted, watching The Pelican Brief for the third time on TV, even living it up with a tin roof sundae, neither of which I do or have when Evie is home...obviously, a husband gone wild.  I also did some reading, alternating between Carl Hiassen's Strip Tease and a book of short stories, December Tenth.  One is silly, often hilarious, the other serious, troubling, a picture of an America I don't much recognize, except from newspapers, raw, poor, uneducated, barely surviving.

We had salmon for dinner, along with a raw broccoli salad, with mayo and bacon (yum), and baked potatoes.  We watched some TV, nothing very compelling, read, played Words With Friends, and went to be by 11:00.

We are going to Westfield today, for Evie's annual mammogram, then hope to walk some where, perhaps along Lake Erie but I fear the beach is all ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...