Monday, February 1, 2021

The Morning In White

7:42



It's 7:43 and I have been up since 6:15, on another cold 25º morning with a few flurries.  A handful of tents are out on the lake, nothing like this past weekend's hundreds.  We may get an inch or two of snow today but nothing like what is happening on the East Coast.  

Sunday Morning

Sunday was like Saturday, Friday, Thursday, etc. And tomorrow's the aptly named Groundhog Day.  I was up early yesterday and by 7:45, drove off to Wegman's to pick up a few things for our lasagna dinner and the week.  And, of course, I forgot a few things, giving credence to the Islamic belief that only Allah is perfect.  That belief makes me feel better when I forget something.  I was home about the time Evie was getting up, lucky girl.  I had my breakfast and we relaxed with coffee, listening to Jake Tapper on CNN, planning our day.  Evie decided to put together the meat sauce for the lasagna after finishing the blog so we put off cross country skiing until it was simmering on the stove,  The lake was not as busy as Saturday with ice fishermen and it was windier than Saturday.  Nevertheless, we were out again for close to an hour, smartly going into the wind to start, down to Sandy Bottom, which made heading back a delight, no wind and warm.  

Victoria Neighbors Walking The Lake

We ran into our neighbors from Victoria, out for a walk with their daughter and grandchildren. We were jealous, remembering years past when that could have been us.  As we were heading home, our skis began to ice up as the air warmed up, making it difficult to glide. So we headed in, having had enough exercise and hungry for breakfast.  

Afternoon Sky

We had a big breakfast by 1:00, bacon, eggs, and bagels, and watched CBS Sunday Morning in its entirety.  I then relaxed with my book, The Children/s Bible, fell asleep, and didn't' wake until 2:30, somewhat refreshed but not enough to want to ski again. We then were couch potatoes until 4:30 when Evie got busy making the dough for the lasagna noodles.  Once the dough was made and sat for a half-hour, Evie pulled out the pasta machine and I got busy with putting together the lasagna. First, I layered the sauce, then Evie's homemade noodles, the ricotta, then cheese, then repeated it two more times.  Evie put it in the oven at 5:30, pulled it out at 6:15, and let it sit for a half-hour so it settled. By 6:45, I had my delicious homemade lasagna dinner with a salad.  We were happy.  We watched another episode of Showtime's Your Honor, then SNL and Colbert, finishing the night with Better Things.  Groundhog Day, right.

Our New View


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...