Saturday, February 13, 2021

A Weekend For Chillin

7:16

7"22

7:31

7:32

It's 6:52 and I have been up for an hour, a streak of color highlights the southern sky.  It's 14º and the sound of a power augur, drilling a hole in the lake, echoed across the lake when I went outside to take a morning photograph. At least it's not a leaf blower.  Once again, I enjoyed listening to CSPAN, especially the Trumpeters, with their often crazy facts and theories. 

21" Walleye Caught Yesterday While Ice Fishing

Yesterday was a partly sunny day, the kind of day that makes you want to get out on the lake and ski or at least hike.  Unfortunately, I was experiencing some side effects from my second Covid 19 vaccination, body aches, and occasional chills.  It was enough to keep me off the lake although I did get in forty-five minutes of Yoga With Adrienne and a quick trip to Tops to pick up a couple of items for Evie.

So while I  did not do much other than lying down on the couch much of the day and reading, Evie kept busy in the kitchen, prepping some for tonight's dinner with our Bubble friends. It was one of those days where working in the kitchen was more like play than work, with timeouts whenever, to watch the impeachment, relax, or make my lunch, a homemade squash soup.  I did get in a nap and have started a Danish Noir called The Tenant by Katrine Engberg.  

Lake Life

We spent the late afternoon watching the question and answer portion of the Impeachment Trials.  We are clearly biased but the House Managers' answers seemed heartfelt, based on facts, the defense lawyers, often frivolous, condescending, grandstanding, with often irrelevant arguments.  They seemed as worried about their image as defending the ex-President. They had no dog in the fight. 

We wanted an easy dinner, so when I was at Tops, I picked up a roll of Bob Evans sausage and we had that with eggs and toast for dinner. We watched Colbert, then started a Spanish film called Seventeen but tired of it after a half-hour and went back to our old standbys, Midnight Diner and Better Things. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...