Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A Few More Inches Of Snow

7:13

Well, we must have missed the big storm because we received a few inches overnight, not the 7 to 11 inches forecast. It started last night around 8:00 and seemed more like ice pellets than snow because we could hear it hitting the house. 

Yesterday we prepared for the storm in case it actually occurred.  So after breakfast and the blog, Evie put together a quick shopping list and by 9:00, I was driving off to Wegman's to pick up some groceries for the week.  It was easy and quick in and out and Mondays are a good day to shop.  I stopped for a coffee at Ryders for the first time in weeks and still, some customers are not wearing masks as they wait in line although the barista was wearing a mask. Discouraging.

I was home by 10:30 and thought about skiing but hunkered down on the couch instead and read some, waiting for lunchtime.  While I was gone, Evie put together her vegetable soup so I had that along with toasted ham and cheese sandwich on sourdough bread.  It's the first time I have had ham in quite a while and I must say it tasted good.  I started the third season of Balthazar and it's as quirky as ever.  Neither one of us had much energy and did not even contemplate going somewhere to ski or snowshoe.  

A Blur

Around, 4:00 however, I pushed myself to do something and put on my skis and went out on the lake just as it was starting to snow.  And I made the mistake of skiing into the wind so, on the way back from the reeds, snow pelted my face, making it less than enjoyable.  I ended up skiing on to yards and skiing home along Woodlawn rather than the lake.  What a difference from the wind-swept lake.  

We had an extended happy hour, with good cheese and a Manhattan, as we did not want to eat until it started snowing outside.  It did finally around 7:15 although not as hard as we expected. Dinner was heating up the beef bourguignon from Saturday and boiling up some noodles. We watched a Hometown and then decided on a film we have wanted to see for a few years, Vice, the story of Dick Cheney's rise to power.  The film obviously had an ax to grind as Cheney is not very sympathetic, no surprise.  It was worth watching. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...