Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Morning Sunshine

7:19

7:31

7:40

7:54

I embrace a sunny morning for a change, brief as it may be. It makes me wonder where the sun has been for the past few weeks until I remember this is winter on Chautauqua Lake, where we get used to gray skies and cold weather.  It's 21º, with another inch or two of snow having fallen overnight. I fear by the time I get on my cross country skis, the sunshine will have disappeared.  

Yesterday was not the best of days because Evie was a bit off, not wanting to ski, spending much of the day on the couch.  I did, however, get in some cross country skiing around 10:00, after breakfast and we finished up the blog,  Since Evie was not going, I decided to ski in our woods, a good choice because I was able to follow the paths made by our neighbors, weaving in and out of the woods.  It did not involve much gliding, like on the lake, more turns, and stops.  It seemed more rigorous as well as I worked up quite a sweat.  Whenever I ski or hike, I always change into my sweats, even changing my socks for something dry and warm.

Cross Country Skiing The Victoria/Woodlawn Woods

Lunch was super, the cauliflower soup and Evie made me a couple of Wienerschnitzel sandwiches, the best.  I am still watching a mediocre series, Shooter, too lazy to find something else.  I am starting to like my new book, Pachinko, set in Korea and Osaka, Japan during the early 20th century.  It did not, however, grab me enough to forego a good nap. The afternoon went slowly, with nothing new to do, no shopping, no skiing, just more reading or listening to the news on Sirius/XM.  

Amaryllis Blooms

At 5:00, Evie felt good enough to participate in a Zoom call with her sisters.  When she finished, she made a salad and pulled the leftover lasagna which had been reheating in the oven for dinner.  So dinner was no fuss and we watched a new Colbert, some Shep, then made the mistake of watching a  film on Netflix called AVA. We knew it was terrible, about a female assassin, with wonder woman qualities.  We stuck with it for no good reason other than we were too lazy to find something else to watch.  So we suffered through numerous shoot-em-ups and too many jujitsu scenes until it became almost a comedy.  Fortunately, we ended the night with a hilarious Better Things, vulgar but funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...