Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Got My Groove Back

7:28

7:29

8:17

It's amazing to wake up every morning to an inch or two of snow, the temperature in the teens (10º), and a neighborhood and lake of white.  It's been this way for a couple of weeks. weather unlike any we remember since when we retired here in 2010.  I am not complaining.  I woke up today at 7:00, looked outside, and cannot wait to either hike or cross country ski on the lake or in the woods. 

Yesterday was such a day for me.  I woke at 6:00, watched the guys trudge out on the lake to fish as I wrote the blog, and had coffee and breakfast.  Evie decided to take another day off from skiing and spent her time doing a couple of projects around the house and frequent breaks to watch the impeachment.   I was in no hurry to get outside because it was in the low teens so I spent forty-five minutes doing Yoga With Adrienne for the first time in a couple of weeks.  I had forgotten how good I feel after practicing yoga and have vowed to get more regular in my practice.  

Blurry or Artistic?  11:30 am

By 11:00, I cleaned the snow off my car, grabbed my skies, sprayed them with silicon, and was out on the lake for just a half-hour as it was bitter cold skiing north into the wind. Still, it felt good to be out on the vast whiteness of the lake.  When I returned, I shoveled our driveway of a couple inches of snow before coming in for lunch. 

I warmed up the black bean soup, pulled the leftover sub from Wegman's out of the refrigerator, and sat down to enjoy both lunch and my show, Bang.  The rest of the early afternoon was spent either watching some of the Impeachment hearing, working in the kitchen for Evie, or reading and napping for me.  Evie put together a meatloaf for dinner and put it in the oven by 5:00 when she had her Zoom call with her sisters.  I was anxious to do something so at 5:00, I went out and skied once again for a half-hour, down to the campground and back through the woods for a change. There's a singular beauty to the lake at dusk that I love.  

Skiing At 5:12

At 6:30, Evie plated the meatloaf and fried potatoes, added a salad and we had dinner.  Meatloaf is always a winner, with ketchup, of course, lots of it. We watched Colbert then made the mistake of watching a movie I thought we might like called Run on Hulu, about a deranged mom who drugs her daughter in order to keep her housebound.  As a critic said, it would be fun to watch it in the theater to listen to the audience laugh at the absurdity of the film. We ended the night with two more episodes of Better Things from Season Four, and we liked both of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...