Saturday, December 19, 2020

Saturday Quiet

7:16

7:25

7:25

For some reason, it feels like a Saturday although most days do.  It's 7:45 and I have been up since 6:15, reading, listening to CSPAN, taking photos of the disappearing pink sky to the southeast. The lake is partially frozen so I will not be kayaking.

Morning Gaggle

Friday was another long day although the week went quickly.  I miss not being able to kayak or go to yoga so my mornings can seem long.  I was up early, got the blog written, and photographs downloaded before Evie was up.  We enjoyed our coffee as she read the blog and picked out photos.  We were in no hurry to get up and do anything.  It was nice to not be in a hurry, to not have to do anything.  Around 10:30, our guilt about being lazy got the best of us and we decided we needed to get outside. 



Because we walked Long Poing yesterday, we decided to walk Webbs Trail; it's nice and flat and takes just about an hour to walk.  We were pleasantly surprised by the appearance of a blue sky and white clouds, making our walk more fun.  We were the only ones on the trail besides tracks of various animals that we could not identify except for deer.  We need a guide.  On the way home, we stopped at the Lighthouse to pick up a few things and were home by 12:30.  Evie suggested using the leftover pot roast as a base for a soup so I had a hardy soup for lunch along with a Portuguese roll.  I am watching my neverending series which I thought was about to end but it did not.  I am into my book, Monogamy,  hoping for the best but as I anticipated, bad stuff happens.  As Zorba says, "Life is trouble."  

Friday Afternoon Blue

I fell asleep reading, per usual, then joined Evie who was working on Christmas cards on her Felt app.  She was making great progress, working through wine time as well.  We were going to have a healthy meatless dinner but decided to save it for tonight.  So we gave our favorite bar a call, Steeners Pub, and ordered wings and fries.  I picked it up 20 minutes later, surprised to see the bar full, the restaurant as well. What are people thinking around here?  We just had 90 Covid cases in one day, over 100 the day before.  We will not go back. 

The wings, however, were great, the fries so so.  We watched Colbert's interview with President-Elect Biden and his wife.  I guess there has been much controversy over the fact that Biden's first interview as President-Elect was with a late-night talk show host. The late show hosts are certainly more popular than the news broadcasters.  We watched another Watchmen and still not sure about it.  We ended the night with Midnight Diner. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...