Tuesday, December 29, 2020

A Slash Of Light On A Gray Skly

7:04

7:05

7:24

7:39

It's 8:06 and I have been up for two hours, back to listening to Morning Joe until I have had enough and reading the papers, both the NYTimes and Washington Post.  I hoped to kayak this morning but the lake is choppy, littered with pebble-like ice floes, making it not worth the effort.  We received a dusting of snow overnight and it's chilly out there, a 24º.

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

I have to admit that Monday was a wasted day as neither of us did much other than get up off our couch or do a bit of organizing.  We did, however, manage to write the blog and have breakfast.  Fortunately, we had cleaned up the mess from our Christmas dinner extravaganza the night before.  The morning flew by and before we knew it, it was time for lunch.  Evie made me a great wrap on lavash and I happily adjourned to the TV room to watch my show. Afterward, I tried to read my book but fell asleep and took a great nap, one of those where you wake wondering if it's morning or afternoon.

Swans Standing On Thin Ice

Around 4:00, I decided to walk to get the mail but both our parking area and road were ice-covered and pellets of snow were falling, so I drove the two hundred yards to get it, a lazy boy. We waited anxiously for it to turn five o'clock so we could sit down and relax with a glass of wine, the only thing we looked forward to all day.  We must have been really wiped out from our Sunday dinner, replete with good food and multiple libations.  Dinner was easy, finishing up the leftovers from our dinner and making a salad. We wanted to watch a good movie so we started Palm Springs on Hulu and bagged it after 15 minutes.  We switched to Jeopardy and Midnight Diner, more to our liking than watched the Bills destroy New England on Monday Night Football.  I am finally becoming a Bills fan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...