Saturday, December 5, 2020

A Slow Thaw On A Windy Morning

8:52

It's 8:50 and I just returned from a ten-minute paddle into the wind, making little if any progress so I just hung it up and returned home.  No sense in battling waves, wind, and duck hunters, parked on the shoreline between Woodlawn and the campground,

Kayak Morning

Northern Winds

Duck Blind

Friday was one of those days where you wonder what you did all day, kayaking, yes, but no hiking, no yoga, mostly sitting around I suppose, reading some, thinking of little things to do, like the dishes, or untangling Christmas tree lights, a quick vacuuming, after setting up the tree and hanging the lights on the tree set outside on our porch this year. I can't say the same for Evie who seemed busy with something most of the day, usually in the kitchen, prepping for tonight's dinner, and cleaning and organizing of course.

I had the chicken chili for lunch and finished my series, which I ended up liking despite the record-setting 42 minutes of shagging, the most in any series according to The Guardian critic. Both young actors were exceptional and one, who played Connell, is up for an Emmy.  Many disliked the ending, the same as in the book, but I didn't, thinking it was just right for their relationship.  I am getting bored with my Cormoran Strike novel, wishing I was getting close to the end so I could start the new Jack Reacher, on my Kindle.  Whenever I got bored, I walked down to watch the beginnings of a new lake wall put in along our neighbor's lakefront, quite a job. 

Working Inside A Dam

 Railroad Ties Bridge In The lake

By 5:00 I had a nap, read, looking for a new series to watch on either Netflix, Hulu, or Prime Video while Evie finished up prepping and making our dinner of chicken parmesan.  We relaxed with something different, tired of wine, a couple of what my parents called highballs, basically gingerale and whiskey in a tall glass. They tasted good, even healthy!  As an appetizer, we had horseradish cheese on crackers, a nice change as well.  Dinner was good, as chicken parm is always a favorite.  We watched a Colbert, then the rest of the silly but fun series, The Other One, on Prime before bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...