Tuesday, December 15, 2020

A Leaden Morning Sky

7:33

It's 8:36 and Evie's still asleep, and I just returned from a half-hour on the lake on a cold 27º morning, not bad actually except when the wind picked up.  I have been up for three hours, since 5:30, reading about yesterday's historic day, the end of the Sore Loser's attempt to subvert Democracy, the legitimizing of Biden's Presidency, and the start of the vaccination of United States citizens. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling North

Monday was a different sort of day although it started out as usual, with kayaking, the blog, and breakfast. Around 9:30, after getting numerous texts from Instacart alerting us that groceries were ready to be picked up, I drove off to Wegman's, pulled next to the pickup area and a young man delivered six bags to my car and I was off.  I stopped at Walmart, thinking it would not be busy but it was.  I bought a smart plug, milk and headed to the self check out, happy to be out of there.  I stopped for a coffee at Ryder's Cup but as I opened the door, I saw a young couple buying their coffee without masks, so I turned around and left.  What is wrong with people.  

Long Point In Gray

When I returned, we thought about a walk but thought better of it.  Evie was busy making a cauliflower soup and some appetizers for our happy hour. The soup was done just in time for my lunch along with a couple of tuna fish sandwiches.  I am nearing the end, I think, of my series, Undercover, so I will be looking for something else although there is a Season Two.  I am now looking for something to read after finishing my Lee Child novel.  I tried a couple, neither has grabbed me yet so I will keep looking.  So far, I like The Bear best, by Andrew Krivak. I have read his previous two novels and liked both of them,

Braving The Cold

The afternoon went quickly probably because our neighbors, Barb and Jim, were coming over at 4:00 for beers, appetizers, and soup.  We were sitting outside, on our front porch, and all four of us were bundled up with caps, jackets, gloves, and blankets.  After all, it was 29º out, with occasional wind gusts, ruffling the lake. The soup was warming, more so than the beer and we lasted until 6:00 until Jim and I had enough of cold hands and feet. The gals were fine.  Actually, we were never that cold despite the temperature and would be happy to do it again, probably in their garage.  We are redefining happy hour now that we refuse to dine or drink inside a bar or restaurant.  

After they left, we watched some news, then around 7:00, heated up the leftover pizza for a light dinner.  We watched SNL, not as good as usual, so we fast-forwarded through much of it,  We ended the night with two more episodes of Little Fires Everywhere and everything seems to be falling apart as we move into the final episode.  I saved the Brown game so I will watch it today.  It sounds like a great game despite the loss.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...