Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Once Upon A Morning Dreary

7:24


9:03

9:27

We received a dusting of snow overnight, a harbinger of what is to come on Christmas Day according to the weather apps.  Right now, it's 34º with snow or rain forecast for the next hour.  I don't think we will be seeing the sun for a few days.

Crazy Or Intrepid

Yesterday, the beginning of winter, was a wasted day.  Neither of us was excited about going for a walk and the weather sympathized, with gray, cold, and drizzle.  As a result, we were still on our couches, finishing our coffee, at 9:30.  We had decided to make it our last big shopping day before Christmas so Evie was making two lists, one for me, one for her.  We did not leave the house until after 11:00 because I needed a shearing, then a shower, and shave so I looked presentable Christmas Day.

I dropped Evie off at Wegmans and drove across the street to Aldi's to pick up a few things we like from their store.  I then stopped at Evans for a couple bottles of Christmas cheer before joining Evie at Wegman's.  She was just shopping for produce and finished up as I entered the store. Wegmans was ready for the onslaught of shoppers so most check-out lines were open so we breezed right through and were home by 12:30.

Lunch was easy since I guiltily bought some sushi for lunch to go along with a chicken sandwich. Both were tasty and I wonder why I don't buy sushi more often.  I am into Season Two of Undercover, a similar storyline, with different bad guys.  I finished up my book in the afternoon, after a brief nap.  Evie relaxed until 3:30 when she got busy, simmering a whole chicken, then separating the bones for soup, the meat for a couple of meals.  We were having salmon for dinner so Evie made the marinade for the salmon and let it sit for a couple of hours.

Wine Time

By 5:00, dinner was prepped, the chicken was separated, and I had finished my book.  What to do?  Enjoy some wine and listen to the news, wondering why our Congressmen deserved to get the vaccine instead of waiting for their turn, especially when many were deniers, refused to wear masks, attended mass rallies where most attendees did not wear masks, and sided with Trump's blather and lies which downplayed its danger.  

We have started to buy Coho Salmon when available and find we like it much better than the farm-raised.  It's milder, yet tasty.  It went well with our leftover cabbage and chickpeas dinner from Saturday, along with rice and salad.  With miss Colbert who is off until the New Year so we watched SNL after some Jeopardy, an old one with Ken Jennings, before a couple more episodes of Deadwood.  I started a new book called The River at my sister Ellen's suggestion.  So far, so good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...