Friday, December 18, 2020

19º...Enough Said

Loving Winter Walks

7:32

Duck Hunters This Morning

Lake's Edge Begins To Freeze

It's a polar morning here on an increasingly frozen lake with no chance to kayak until this weekend when it warms up some, into the high 30's.  We still have three or four inches of snow on the ground but it will probably melt by Monday.  That's the worst part of Chautauqua weather, the snowfall, then melt, snowfall and melt.  

UPS Road Block

Morning Sky

Yesterday we woke to a white world and we both love it, the cold, the snow.  It's rare I suppose to like winter but we do. Neither the snow nor cold keeps us inside which is one of the reasons we don't mind winter.  Yesterday was no exception.  After the blog and getting some things done in the morning, like working on an Instacart list, we decided that a walk through the woods of Long Point State Park would be a winter wonderland and we were not disappointed.  We were surprised at the depth of the snow, about five inches, making our walk longer and more difficult, as we easily worked up a sweat and were unzipping our jackets.  We were out for close to an hour and a half, taking our time, enjoying the moment.  

White Frosting




We didn't get home until 12:45 and I quickly made a bowl of ramen and ate the last half of my sub from the Lighthouse Grocery.  I am still hanging in there with my series, Undercover, and am wondering when the bad guys will finally get their comeuppance.  As I mentioned yesterday, I finished Andrew Krivak's The Bear and reluctantly started Monogamy.  It took me a while but I am enjoying it although I fear the writer is holding back the bad news, allowing the reader some hope.  Since I was up at 5:30, I easily fell asleep and took one of those naps where you wake up wondering if it's morning or afternoon.  I love it.  

Both of us were tired from our morning walk and did little the rest of the afternoon except look forward to wine time.  Evie, however, put together our dinner around 2:30, a pot roast with veggies, and its aroma filled the house all afternoon.  We had a leisurely wine time until it was time to plate the pot roast and make a salad. We watched some of Shep Smith, Jeopardy, and Colbert before a  couple of Midnight Diners, our favorite, butter rice.  We finished with another episode of Watchman which is getting more and more strange, especially the parts with Jeremy Irons, not your typical villain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...