Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Morning Sleet And Fog

8:28

Well, it's 8:30 and I bagged kayaking, too cold and wet to paddle.  I have been up since 7:00, listening to some podcasts about the NBA, a nice change from politics.  It's 31º, with a few ducks floating in the water in front of our house. No swans a swimming like yesterday morning. 

Woodlawn

Tuesday ended up surprising us with some sunshine and blue skies.  It started out gray but by the time I returned from kayaking, the sun started to come out. After coffee, breakfast, and the blog, Evie put together a shopping list and I was off to Wegman's by 9:30, hoping to beat Tuesday's crowd. I think I made it because the parking lot was half full if that.  I was able to get around easily, no cart jams, and the check out line was short.  We now have enough groceries for the week but I am sure we will still need something else by the end of the week.  Because it was so inviting outdoors, with sun and blue skies, I went for a walk in our woods, just a half-hour but still worthwhile.

Late Morning Sky

Blue Sky Tuesday

Evie had a hair appointment at 1:00 so she was off as I was having lunch, turkey sandwiches with mayo and tomatoes, the best.  I am sticking with my series, Undercover, and it's decent.  I have only a day left on my book, Troubled Blood, so I have lots of reading to do today.  Fortunately, it looks like a stay home kind of day for now.  Evie was back by 2:00 and we wiled away the rest of the afternoon, with nothing we had to do, no cooking, organizing, or cleaning.  At 5:00, Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters and I caught up with our daughter Jill.  


Photo Of Ellery Farm Taken By Evie  From Our Couch

Dinner was a blue plate special, as Evie called it, a plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, covered with gravy, and zapped in the microwave for an easy dinner.  It was as good if not better than Monday night.  We watched Colbert and finished The Undoing, staying up until 10:30 to finish it.  It's another intense, twisted series from David Kelly, known for Big Little Lies and Ally Mc Beal and Picket Fences.  He masterfully manipulates the viewer so that after each episode, we think someone else might be the murderer.  It's only by the end that we realize we have been played. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...