Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Paddling On A Snowy Morning

Filtered Kayak Morning

9:00

It's almost 9:00 as I start this and I just returned from a forty-minute paddle on a gray sky and lake, as light snow filled the air.  Needless to say, I loved it, the first time to kayak on a snowy morning here at the lake.  It's a wet snow so I am not sure how long it will stick but for now, it a wonderland of white.







Monday was a long day, mostly because of the rain which fell on and off most of the day until late last night when it turned to snow.  It rained so hard that I didn't get in a paddle and many of the yards were filled with puddles.  So it was an extended leisurely morning, with only the blog and breakfast to worry about.  What, me worry?  By 10:30, however, Evie had put together a shopping list for Wegman's on her phone and I was off to get the week's shopping done.  I went early enough so that the store was not crowded and everyone wears a mask now.   I was able to get in and out quickly and needed an umbrella, compliments of Wegmans,  to get out to the car without getting soaked.  This was the most rain we have had in months or seems that way.  

I was home by 11:30 and decided to get some yoga in before lunch since we were not going out for a walk in the rain,  I practiced with Adrienne for 35 minutes, just enough to make me feel righteous, and then I had lunch, some of Evie's vegetable soup, just thawed, and a tuna and tomato sandwich.  I then read having started a new book, the fourth Cormoran Strike novel by Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowland). While I was reading and napping, Evie drove off to Mayville to pick up a prescription at Rite Aid, braving the rainy afternoon.  When she returned, we spent a long afternoon waiting for wine time and dinner.  Around 5:30, Evie started prepping our dinner, a homemade pizza, with sausage, mushrooms, and cheese. We put it in the oven around 6:00 because we were both hungry and ate by 7:00, watching the final episode of The Tunnel and I guarantee there will be no season four.  We then started a new series that I was looking forward to on Hulu called Normal People.  It's based on a novel by Sally Rooney which I loved.  We have watched the first three episodes and neither of us is loving it yet (too much noisy smooching) perhaps because we both have read the book and know the story.  We will stick with it, knowing that it has received glowing reviews from the critics.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...