Friday, June 21, 2019

Summer Arrives

7:01

8:40
It's after 7:00 and I have been up since 6:00, to what else, a gray sky and an inch of rain overnight after an inch and a half during the day. I rarely complain about rain but we have had enough here at the lake and I will probably be praying for some rain come August.

Kayaking North

Kayaking South
Yesterday, as I mentioned above, started out with rain, so much so that I skipped kayaking for the first time in weeks and just went to breakfast with the guys at the Bemus Point Inn.  It was raining so hard that Route #394 was closed at Big Tree Road on my way to yoga because of flooding.  I took the back road to class, happy that I was able to make it.  

I was glad to get home and out of the rain which was filling the creeks and roads, pouring mud and debris into the lake.  Neither Evie nor I had any plans for the afternoon and we both decided to make it a day of leisure, reading, watching some TV or napping.  I made myself some ramen for lunch which was enough after a big breakfast.  We were both hoping the rain might stop and it did around 4:00, the sky partially clearing but it was too wet to get anything done outside.

Dinner was the leftover pork tenderloin and rice with a salad.  We watched a couple of Colbert's, some news, then the first episode of a remake of the Tales of The City, as Mrs. Madrigal turns 90 and Laura Linney returns to the city of her early life, gay and bohemian San Francisco.  It lacks the charm and novelty of the earlier series and tries too hard to create gay life.  No subtlety, just the extreme and bizarre.  My suggestion: rewatch the original series or read the books by Armistead Maupin.  They are fun, chapters you can read in five or ten minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...