Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Enough Already

6:00
It's 6:25 and I have been up since 5:30.  It's another overcast and wet morning and we are getting tired of it, wondering when we might see a sunny, summer-like day.  We have yet to really enjoy either the dock or the boat because of the cool, wet days.  It's 8:30 and I am back from an hour paddle, over to Long Point, across to Booty Bay and home.  I was able to photograph a couple of herons, one along the shoreline, the other in a tree. 

Kayak Morning
Perched

Among The Grasses
Because I was up so early yesterday, I was able to get in an hour paddle, in between the showers.  I then went to yoga, a class filled with twenty-two gals and moi.  Where did the guys go?  After class, I stopped at Sav A Lot but hardly bought a thing.  When I returned home,  Evie was at the doctor's, getting her persistent cough checked out again.  I heated up the leftover moussaka for lunch and watched Bosch, finishing just as she drove in.  I wanted to get a few things done outside despite the wet ground, so I pulled out my shovel and ax and dug out the daphnes whose trunks have split and splayed on the ground, getting the area ready for the confetti hydrangeas.  

Around 2:30, I drove off to Greenhurst to get my oil changed and tires rotated at the dealer.  Fortunately, they got me right in, even washed the car and I was out of there in an hour.  While I was waiting, I noticed one of the women from our yoga classes was getting her car worked on.  I mentioned to her that I was in her yoga classes but she did not seem to remember me, the only guy in class.  I guess when you are seventy-five you are invisible.  I stopped at Peterson's Veggie stand on the way home and picked up some local strawberries, Georgia peaches, and Florida corn.  

We had salmon for dinner, with the soy and maple syrup marinade, along with the corn, quite good, rice and a salad.  We were anxious to watch the second episode of BIG LITTLE LIES and it did not disappoint.  It's become our favorite series lately.  This season begins where the book, written by Liane Moriarty ends, so it's an entirely new story with the same characters, same past and setting.  The only thing different is the introduction of Meryl Streep as the scary mother in law.  We finished the night with a new old series, THE GOOD FIGHT, the sequel to THE GOOD WIFE.  It's decent, worth spending forty minutes, especially if you can fast forward through the commercials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...