Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Threatening Morning Sky



6:16
6:34
It's 6:30 and has been threatening to rain since I came downstairs at 6:00.  And I just looked up to see raindrops on our front windows so it looks like it's coming.  It's a 60º morning and we won't get much sun over the next couple of days if the weatherman is correct.  It's 7:45 and I got in a half hour paddle in light rain, hardly enough to wet my raincoat.  Still, it felt good to be out on the lake, gray skies, a slight chop.
  
A Wet Morning Kayak
I started yesterday with a long paddle on a fairly calm lake.  And I continue to wonder why I see so little waterfowl when I kayak.  Maybe only mallards and a few herons remain after the great spring migration.  I then had breakfast, finished the blog and drove to yoga at 10:00 with Jen for an always good class.  We did practice a backbend over a chair with a couple of pillows which I did not much like.  I left early, skipping the savasana because I wanted to get an x-ray of my back and hip (arthritis) in Jamestown, a mistake because it was busy and I had to wait over an hour.  Next time, I will take the drive to Westfield which is hardly ever busy.  The good part of Jamestown, however, is I can eat lunch at my favorite luncheon spot, the Labyrinth Press Coffee Shop.  It's strictly vegetarian and everything is good.  I ordered the Havana Wrap with black beans and all kinds of other good things, big enough so I took half home for Evie.  I stopped at Aldi's on my way home because Evie noticed they had men's bathing suits on sale for $6.99.  Always looking for a bargain, I bought two pair and liked them.  I also bought some green grapes for Evie and salmon for dinner this weekend.  

When I returned home, Evie had just finished working outside and was happy to have a burrito and relax for a while.  I read, tried to nap but came downstairs thinking there was something I needed to do.  So while Evie took a break and was reading in the yard, I got out the bucket and cloths and washed our front windows, my first time this year.  This is one of the tasks I don't seem to mind.  I then helped Evie in the garden, moving a small tree, getting some compost for the planting.  Slowly, the garden is taking shape and doesn't look so much like a hodgepodge thanks to Evie's efforts.  I can't wait till July when most plants are in bloom, especially our dahlias.  

We then sat outside on our chaise lounges with a glass of wine and cashews, enjoying the late afternoon, happy with our work during the afternoon.  It was so pleasant we did not want to go in and start dinner.  We did, however, we were having another favorite, scallops over linguini. It was tasty as usual.  We watched the first episode of Big Little Lies, then a Colbert, then Vice New and other junk TV before going up to bed.   I am beginning to wonder if I ever can tune into a news program when they are not talking about Drumpt, he so dominates the airways. It's as good a reason as any to vote against him.  The pundits can talk about something else of importance like climate change or the deficit or immigration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...