Saturday, June 22, 2019

A Sunrise


5:53

5:59
I was up at 5:30, to a chilly 51º morning but the sky was clear, the lake calm.  At 5:59, the sun rose, the first sunrise on the lake in quite a while because of the cloudy skies.  It looks like a perfect morning for a paddle and I  will be out there early before the fishing boats take over.  It' 8:50 and I have been out paddling for 80 minutes on a beautiful morning.  It was hard to come in.  I photographed a couple of more herons and I apologize for all the heron photos on the blog many mornings but for now, they are the only birds I observe other than the obvious geese or mallards.    

Kayaking In To The Sun
A Wading Great Blue Heron

A Perched Heron
Friday was a surprise as it was a pleasant, mostly sunny first day of summer despite the cloudy forecast.  I did get in a paddle even though it was choppy and I came home wet.  Yoga was good, as usual, and everyone in the class was regulars.  I was tempted by a coffee but resisted and came straight home.  Ir was a good move because the sun had just come out and the lake was inviting.  I decided to get a few lake chores done, starting with removing our purple martin house, alas, as we have no martins.  We cannot figure out why they avoid our house after years of having them.  Since I was already wet from taking down the house, I put a couple more buoys in the water to protect our dock from crazy fishermen.  And I did some deep diving looking for a chaise lounge which must have flown off our dock overnight.  I finally found it in five feet of water, about 20 feet from where it had been sitting.  Once that was found, my lake work was over other than baling out my rowboat with three to four inches of water.

Lunch was something Evie had found in the freezer, not sure what but it reminded me of chili but it also had white beans which we never put in our chili.  It was good for a lunch and I watched another episode of BAD BLOOD which I am really liking.  The new crime boss, Declan, is Boss.  It's one of those series where you cannot help rooting for the bad guy, the head gangster, like Tony on the Sopranos.  He was a killer, a badass but we rooted for him.  Evie spent a good part of the afternoon in the side yard, reading her book.  

Clouds Of Summer
It was a perfect day for just enjoying the first day of summer, cool in the shade, nice and warm in the sun.  I joined her after my nap and we didn't budge until wine time around 5:30.  We sat on the porch, enjoying some chips and salsa and a glass of wine until time for dinner.  We were having pizza, leftover and frozen from a couple of weeks ago.  Evie always sautees some mushrooms and adds them to the pizza, making it better.  We had a salad and a Pepsi with our pizza and were happy, watching a couple of Colbert's, then another episode of Tales Of The City but it became too explicit for us so we will be watching something else. We are a couple of prudes.  We ended the night with Gray's Anatomy, the first episode, first season.  Yep, after all our kids and grandkids have watched it, we thought it was time for us. A soap opera but delicious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...