Tuesday, June 25, 2019

A Threatening Morning Sky

6:06

7:00

7:05
It's just after 7:00 and the sky has darkened over the past hour, looking as if it might storm but behind me are blue skies.  The wind picks up briefly, then dies.  The lake's basically empty on a 68ยบ morning.  It rained a quarter of an inch overnight, and we might get more this morning.  I don't know whether to get out and paddle or wait for the dark skies to clear.

Kayak Morning

And Old Guy

Maryanne And John, Early Morning Canoeing
Yesterday turned out to be another nice day here at the lake.  I got in a paddle, then drove off to yoga for a Yin class, basically filling my morning exercise and fun.  When I returned home Evie had been busy and when I left, she was already out working in her garden.  She had cosmos and zinnias, growing in small yogurt cartons from seed, so yesterday was a good day to transplant them.  Once that was done, the garden was complete for the summer and all we have to do is watch everything grow, then blossom, then fade away in the fall.   

Lunch was leftover lemon chicken, rice, and garlic spinach, just as good as the night before,  I watched Bad Blood and Declan is baaad.  Evie left to get her hair trimmed in Lakewood around 1:45 and I read a bit then drove to Lakewood as we were dropping my Subaru off at Finns Auto in Niobe, a twenty-minute drive because I was having trouble with my brakes.  Finn's is out in the middle of nowhere, close to the PA line but he has a reputation for being the best Subaru mechanic around.  I hope so.

We didn't get home till 3:30, enough time for Evie to get in some dock and swimming time and for me to get back to my book and relax on the couch.  It was a fine afternoon and we were reluctant to leave the lake but we were meeting Linda and Ron at the Viking Club for Cubans.  

Hanging Out At The Viking Club 
So we left at 6:00, found a seat outside on the patio along with lots of other Vikings and enjoyed a couple of brews and sandwiches.  It was sunny when we sat down but slowly the dark clouds took over and by the time we left, it looked like it might storm.  We were home by 8:15, in time to watch the second episode of BIG LITTLE LIES which is just as good as the first season.  It's got us hooked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...