Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Snow And Cold Return

Tufted Titmouse

Sheltering

6:50
It's 7:30 and both Evie and I have been up for an hour, a white morning with a few snowflakes.  It's a chilly 15º and it's a relief to have a quiet morning, no howling wind.  I noticed a few tents out on the lake, so the guys are returning after a windy couple of days.

Bed and Breakfast
Yesterday was just too windy and cold to do much outside.  And driving was not recommended so we both stayed home during the day.  I decided to do my yoga at home and found some good music to listen to on my phone while I did my practice in the living room, looking out at the lake.  It is not the same, however, as yoga in a studio.  Afterward, Evie and I went outside and worked on our parking area for about a half hour, pushing six inches of snow aside, cleaning off our car.  And that was it for us for the day.

Tufted Titmouse 
Lunch was simple, soup and the leftover burger and mac n cheese and I have one more episode to go before I am finished with Friday Night Lights.  Will Coach stay or go, listen to his heart or his wife's. I am betting on the wife.  I am reading another Kate Atkinson, CASE HISTORIES, another Jackson
Brodie thriller.  So I spent a good part of the afternoon on the couch, reading after a good nap, of course.  I also made some Turkish tea, a good way to spend the afternoon, reading and drinking tea.  I just need some biscuits, something to nibble on with my tea.  Evie amused herself by taking photos on and off during the afternoon of birds at our feeder and rhodos.

Finding Seed In The Snow
We had our glass of wine around 5:30 and Evie had already prepped the pork chops, made the salad, put the red potatoes in the oven and made some apple sauce.  Around 6:30, then, she browned then baked the pork chops and once they were done, she plated our dinner, and we had to decide what to watch.  We started with a recommended series called FLEABAG, but after the first five minutes we turned it off.  We then decided to go crazy, spend six bucks and watch A STAR IS BORN  on Apple TV.  It was up for an Academy Award, received much praise when it first came out so we expected to really like it.  It was good but neither of us ever felt much for the characters.  It was like we were watching great performances by Lady Gage and Bradley Cooper.  There was little tension or emotional involvement for us; the film, their characters, did not pull us in like they did in LEAVE NO TRACE.  We ended our evening with another week of THE GREAT BAKING SHOW.  Now that we care about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...