Friday, February 22, 2019

A Fine Morning


7:13

7:39

7:40
Well, the sun is out and all is good in the world!  Not quite but it's nice to have a sunny morning on the lake.  It's cold, 24º with a partly cloudy sky.  Patches of snow still remain on our lawn but it has been melting the last of a couple of days. The lake is fine for fishermen and ice skaters but not cross country skiing, unfortunately. When I walked outside to get a photograph, I could hear the fishermen along Long Point dragging their sleds along the ice, and I could hear the groaning of the ice as it shifted.

A Hungry Cardinal
Not much changed yesterday until the afternoon. I did have breakfast with two of the guys at the Harbor House in Mayville as our go-to breakfast dinner is closed for a couple of weeks.  It was empty when we arrived, making us wonder how they manage to stay afloat.  I was home by 9:15, in time to finish up the blog and drive to a Yin Yoga class.  I usually am early so I get to listen to the women talk about their day, and yesterday it was their upcoming vacation in Mexico.  Lucky gals.  After yoga, I came straight home because I was taking my car in for an oil change at 3:00.

An Unwelcome Visitor 
When I returned home, Evie was busy in the kitchen, not cooking but taking photos of an unwelcome squirrel sitting in our window box finding stray seeds from the feeder.  Lunch was a tuna sandwich and soup and some TV.  I took a brief nap, falling asleep reading my novel but was up by 2:30 and on my way to Schultz Subaru.  While they changed the oil, rotated the tires and checked my brakes, I took a walk along the banks of the Chadakoin River on the paved Riverwalk. 

Jamestown's Riverwalk
I was out for close to 40 minutes and returned in time to have the technician explain to me why I will need new brakes, the back now, the front in six months or earlier.  It's always depressing to talk with mechanics about your car because it's never good news.  And now I have to make up mind whether to get just the back brakes done or both or neither. 

February Blue And White
To make up for the bad news, I texted Evie, told her I was going to Farm Fresh Foods in Jamestown for glazed donuts and asked how many she wanted.  Two.  So I picked them up along with a chocolate covered custard filled for me and was home by 5:30.  We decided to have a nice cocktail hour, with a Manhattan, red pepper jelly and cream cheese on crackers because dinner was going to be simple, either soup or a salmon salad with Portuguese rolls.  We ate around 7:00 and I always enjoy a salmon salad.  We watched Colbert, news and Vice News, no movie as we were not in the mood for one.  And we sometimes will take a peek at Everybody Loves Raymond, to see what episode is showing.  If we like it, we watch it again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...