Friday, February 8, 2019

Let There Be Light And Blue Skies


7:39

7:40

8:00
It's almost 8:00 as I start my blog because I did not get up until 7:30.  It's cold again, a chilly 28º, with gusts of wind.  The lake looks like a vast skating rink, smooth and icy gray.  And no fishing tents the last two mornings.

Yesterday was much like the previous days, gray and wet, not exactly the kind of weather that makes you want to get out there enjoy the outdoors.  I did start the day with some fun, breakfast with a couple of the guys at the Bemus Point Inn after a hiatus of two weeks, a result of bad weather.  After breakfast, I finished the blog and joined the women for a good class of Yin Yoga. After class, I stopped at the ATM and picked up some cash.  It amazes me how fast I go through cash even though I try to use my credit card for everything.

When I got home, Evie had been busy, more like herself.  I was hungry so Evie made me guacamole toast to go with her mushroom barley soup.  Something healthy after my wings from the previous night at the Viking Club.

Hemlocks
After an afternoon of sitting around reading, listening to the news, and surfing the internet, I decided to dam the ugly afternoon weather and walk Dobbins Woods Preserve, a ten-minute drive from our house.  It was a good choice despite the icy, sometimes wet trail.  I had to go slowly, to avoid the wet or icy areas. And despite the gray sky, the rain at the end of my hike, it was good to be out in the woods again.

A Soggy Trail
Fog Arrives Late Afternoon
When I returned home, it was wine time, and we decided to pamper ourselves with the chips and dip which I been sitting in the cupboard and fridge, tempting us each night.  Dinner was more leftovers along with an Asian salad and a sheet pan of green beans and bacon.  We watched Colbert, the pundits, and The Great British Baking Show.

General N. Michael Bissell
We received some sad news yesterday.  Brigadier General Michael Bissell, our daughter Jill's father in law, passed away.  He was an amazing guy, a combat helicopter pilot in Vietnam,  winner of the Distinguished Service Cross and Purple Heart, a great soldier, leader, teacher and father, an inspiration to all that knew him.

Mike With Some Of The Family, Christmas, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...