Thursday, February 7, 2019

Foggy Morning

9:15
It's 7:20 and both Evie and I are up, listening to Morning Joe, looking out at a fogbound lake.  No evidence this morning of ice fishing although they might be out there.  It's 37º and the weather will change tonight, as we have high wind mornings and temperatures dropping in the '20s.

Yesterday was much like this morning, wet and foggy much of the day so there was no interest on either of our parts to go out for a walk or hike.  While I went to a yoga class, Evie had a good friend, Barb, over for tea.  Obviously, Evie's feeling better.  My class was fun, five of us this time, and I decided I had enough coffee for the day so I went straight home.  Barb and Evie were still in the living room when I came home, so I made my lunch, soup and a piece of pizza and watched my show, giving them the living room to themselves.

I finished the fourth season of Friday Night Lights and I predicted the ending, a good one for the Lions and their Coach, not so good for his wife.  On to the final season this afternoon.  I read and napped as the afternoon seemed to stretch out because I was bored with nothing to do, no hiking, skiing, or shopping.

Fortunately, Evie was feeling good enough to suggest we go to the Viking for dinner.  I jumped at the chance to get out of the house.  We drove over in a heavy fog, almost turning around and heading home because it was so bad.  We made it, however, with a few other intrepid Vikings. We easily found a seat at the bar, had a couple of beers, an order of wings and a burger.  We were happy to see our friends Doug and Dawn walk in.  We have not seen them in months or so it seems so it was fun to sit down and have a beer and talk with them.  Doug is one of the stalwarts in the club and is in charge of the Polar Swim this weekend.  It's always fun to watch as a few crazies dress up and jump into the lake although this year, the fire department will only allow a four-foot deep hole.  They don't want an accidental drowning I guess, just a dip.  Evie, of course, wants to join the club but I won't let her.

We were home in time to watch Colbert before going up to bed.  It was a long day for me with a good ending, beers, wings, and friends at the Viking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...