Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Not Our Favorite Morning


Filtered Morning Ice

Window Art
7:20
It's 7:20 and we are not going anywhere this morning.  At the moment, it's windy with freezing rain.  In fact, the sound of the rain and wind woke me up at 5:00.  I don't think we could have a much worse morning.  We have put off our visit to Virginia until Thursday because of icy roads, especially the PA turnpike.  Discretion is the better part of valor or we just chickened out.  I thought that this morning would finally discourage anyone with from ice fishing but I just saw a single guy pulling his sled out on the ice.

Braving The Wind And Ice Pellets
Freezing Rain
Yesterday started out with uncertainty when we were leaving for Virginia.  Once we made up our mind to put our trip off, we could relax and hope we made the right decision.  It seems we did (thanks, Sam :)) as the roads in PA are littered with accidents, ice, snow, and wind this morning.  We finished the blog around 8:30 and by 9:00, I was on the road to yoga with a shopping list for Wegmans since we were staying until Thursday or Friday, depending on the weather once again.
The class was crowded, as always, and I recently read an article about how Yin Yoga is becoming more and more popular, with its emphasis on stretching, holding a position for two or three minutes, emphasizing the connective tissues.  I had enough coffee before heading to Lakewood so I skipped a stop at Ryders Cup and went straight to Wegmans.  Monday is usually a good day to shop because many of the customers wait until Tuesday to get their senior discount.

I was home by noon, helped Evie put away the groceries and then it was time for lunch.  She had made a vegetable soup for our lunches and I brought home a sub from Wegman's.  We ate our lunch in the TV room, watching another episode of FNL.  I was happy to get back to my books, going back and forth between them, depending on my mood but David Silva's thriller usually wins out.  Around 1:30, I took a good nap, waking refreshed after a bad night.  Nothing like a good nap, one in which you wake up refreshed, not sleepy and tired which is often the case. So what did I do?  I put on my hiking boots and decided to wake the woods rather than cross country ski.  Either would have been a good choice as I ran into our neighbors, John and Maryanne, skiing on the lake.  They were loving it.

Kinney's Run
When I came in, we decided to have a Manhattan, something we do usually once a week.  Since we were having one of our favorite dinners, scallops in a lemon/vermouth/butter sauce over linguini, we had a simple appetizer, pretzels, and dip.  Night came quickly and we were looking forward to our dinner.  Once the linguini was done, Evie plated the scallops and we had another delicious dinner.  We watched a Colbert from Friday night.  His guest was Glenn Close and she was great.  We watched only a few minutes of the Trump rally before turning it off.  It was scary to be honest because of the audience and their enthusiastic response to Trump's fear mongering, gross exaggerations, and blatant lies.  What have we become as a nation?  It was with relief that we turned to The Great English Baking Show finale with Nadiya, an immigrant from Bangladesh winning.  Cool beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...