Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Back In The Saddle Again


7:58
It's 7:35 and I have been up for an hour, watching one fisherman after another take their sled or bucket out on the lake, maybe set up a tent and begin fishing, all this before 7:00.  It's 20º outside and overcast, none of the colors from yesterday's morning sunrise.

Early Birds
We certainly had a great time in Washinton this past weekend but it's always good to get home, to your routine, bed, and life.  We have certainly become creatures of habit and it's hard to break out of it especially as we get older.  So yesterday was Morning Joe, coffee, taking some morning photographs, writing the blog, then showering before driving off to yoga class.  I needed the class and left feeling energized, ready for the day, one of the best things about yoga.  It wakes you up to your body and self.  I stopped for coffee and bought a wiper blade for my Outback's rear window at Auto Zone.

At home, Evie had made a pot of vegetable soup, using up all the veggies from the vegetable drawer in the refrigerator.  She had made an extensive shopping list, so after making me a toasted cheese sandwich, she drove off to Wegman's to stock up on the staples we would need for the week.  I had lunch, watched Friday Night Lights, read some of my book FREEDOM ROAD, a freebie from Amazon Prime and took a short nap.  Evie was back when I woke up, putting the groceries away.


The Wonder Of Winter On The Lake
It was a brilliantly sunny afternoon, with blue skies, so tempting that I got out my cross country skis and headed out on the lake.  It felt great to be back on my skis and on the lake, and I skied as far as Wells Bay and back, noting all the fishing tents on the lake.  It was the kind of day that made you want to be outside either fishing, skiing or hiking.  When I returned, we enjoyed a glass of wine, listening to the pundits go crazy about the latest 'breaking news' about Trump's attempt to influence Cohen's court case.  Each day, week, month, and now a year, politics seem like a soap opera, with new tantalizing bits of collusion dropping each day or week.

Mid Afternoon Shadow
We decided to stay home for dinner, so Evie fried up some potatoes, Bob Evans sausage, and eggs and we had our dinner,  always a good choice.  We watched the usual on TV, a couple of Colbert's we saved from last week, The Circus, from Showtime, and ended the night with an HGTV show called Hometown, set in a small, quaint town, in Laurel,  Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...