Thursday, March 2, 2017

Not Much Of A View


6:45 Dawn
Well, I am sitting in the lounge of a Hampton Inn, Buffalo, enjoying the breakfast.  It's cold and windy outside, as I look at the parking lot, Mc Donald's, gas stations, and other business,  not quite a sunrise on Chautauqua Lake.  It's 23º, a 30º drop from yesterday, windy, with the possibility of light snow as winter returns to the area for a few days.

Yesterday's morning was typical, as I was up and out of the house by 9:30, for yoga class at 10:00, always fun but more difficult then usual.  I stopped for coffee at Ryders Cup, picked up some eggs and came home.  I moved the cars around because of the strong winds, then had my lunch, a potato/tomato fritata and watched the end of of a Wallander.  That was it for a our typical day.

Chautauqua Lake, Wednesday Afternoon
Since Evie had an early doctor's appointment in Buffalo on Thursday morning, and it was supposed to snow during the night and morning, we decided to make it a fun afternoon and morning, stay in the Hampton, next to the Galleria Mall, get in some shopping and go out to dinner.  So we left around 3:00, thinking we could enjoy some shopping then eat.  That was until Evie started not feeling well, and I lost my mojo, so we just hung out in our room, depressing, watching TV 'with commercials' and had a lovely dinner from Mickey D's, quarter pounders, fries, Sprite and Cherry cream pies. I will say one thing; our brief stay made us appreciate our house and we cannot wait to get back to the lake.

Dusk From Our Hampton Inn
The good news is Evie feels better this morning.  We had plans to do some things this morning in Buffalo after Evie's appointment, but I think we will just  head home, stop in Fredonia, and do a little lampshade shopping, then go home.  Sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...