Thursday, March 23, 2017

Cloudless Chautauqua Morning


7:25

7:27

7:28
It's still cold out there, 16º, a clear blue sky with a pink rising along the shoreline.  It looks like another sparkling day, cold but sunny with blue skies.  It's certainly not spring like with the temperature in the teens this morning,  but it should get up to the 40's later in the day, 60's tomorrow with rain, more spring like.

Jamestown's Lake View Cemetery
Yesterday was surprisingly cold out all day with the temperature staying in the low 20's.  I wanted to get a walk in but was not sure where to go.  I finally settled on driving to Jamestown and walking the Lake View Cemetery, maudlin I suppose but a picturesque place to walk.  It was a bit slippery because of the cold, some frozen places, but I stayed on the snowy parts, finding grass paths to avoid the icy road.  The sky was a brilliant blue, many of the gravestones and grass were snow covered, quite a change from last fall when all was leaf covered.  I actually met a couple of people also out for a walk, so I can see this would be a good place to get in your morning constitutional.  I stopped at the Prendergast Library in Jamestown, browsed a bit but found nothing that interested me and headed home.

Veterans Memorial
Lucille Ball's Grave Site
When I got home, Evie was talking to Beth, our daughter who lives in Dallas, too far away.  I browsed the refrigerator for lunch and found the leftover eggplant pasta from Monday night.  I microwaved it and had a tasty lunch.  I watched the rest of a Wallander; I think there are enough episodes to keep me busy the rest of Spring.  Evie continues to be glued to the news channels, following the Gorsuch hearing, the terrorist attacks in London, and finally the ridiculous Nunes press conference at the White House.  He reminds me of a puppy, running to his Daddy at the White House, who pets him and says, 'Good dog.'  How humiliating, to slavishly do the bidding of the president.  

Another Beautiful Afternoon At The Lake
For dinner, we were invited to our good friends Linda and Ron's, so we drove there at 6:00.  We sat down with a  beer, then went next door to see the progress in their new house.  All the windows are in and the new porches are framed.  Cool beans.  Dinner was great, pork tenderloins with a cherry sauce, a great blue cheese and walnut salad, and squash with cream and butter.  For dessert we had individual cheese and grape plates and cherry liquor.  Why do we even go out to a restaurant?  We should just go to Linda's kitchen.  We didn't get home until 10:00, in time to watch some junk TV before going up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...