Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Warming, 23º, Morning



Mid March Gardening

7:14
9:22
I did not get up till after 7:00.  It felt good to sleep in some.  The snow has finally stopped and the temperature is no longer in the teens.  This has been the biggest snowfall of the winter, as we might have a foot and a half of snow.  It stopped late yesterday and we may get a few flakes this morning but nothing much.  More is not predicted until the weekend.

Winter Returns
Yesterday was cold and snowy until later afternoon. Because of the heavy morning snow and cold, I decided to skip yoga, enjoy the morning, then get outside with Evie and clear our parking areas and road.  I stepped out early, however, to get a package from our mail lady, and a foot and a half drift filled out stoop.  I got out my shovel, cleared it and like last year, pulled my Iliopsoas muscle, the longest muscle in our body.  At least I got the stoop cleared.  Later, around 10:30, we both went outside and spent almost an hour shoveling and clearing our area.  It snowed the entire time and we enjoyed being outside and doing some physical.  Iliopsoas did not bother me much at that time. Only later, did it start to demand that I take a couple of Advils.

Afternoon Sunshine
So for most of the day, we both stayed inside, enjoying the lovely snowfall and day.  Lunch was a great, a menemen, a Turkish omelet of eggs, feta cheese and tomatoes, along with a batch of home fries.  We devoured our lunch, both ravished from shoveling and watched the end of a Wallander.

Woodlawn/Victoria

Heavy Winds On Lake

Long Point, Again
Mid afternoon, after my nap, I decided I wanted to do something, despite my muscle strain.  So I pulled on my snow shoes (a mistake) and went out to walk our woods.  It was immediately clear that because the snow was so deep, this was not going to be fun but hard work.  I worked up a sweat within five minutes, stuck with it for another 15 minutes, stopping occasionally to catch my breath, then headed home as quick as I could.  So I was out less than 30 minutes, exhausted and happy to be back in our warm house.

Snow Falling, Birds Eating

A Happy Sparrow
Dinner was the leftover chicken with creme fraiche sauce, rice, garlic spinach and salad.  So while it heated, we had a glass of wine until we both got hungry.  We were excited to eat because we could not wait to watch the next episode of THE AMERICANS, missing Trump's campaign rally chanting 'Lock Her Up.'  Classy.  We then watched the first episode of the third season of THE FALL but had difficulty figuring out what was going on because it's been over year since we watched the previous season. We should have watched the last episode of Season Two to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...