Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Dazzling Dawn Sky

6:39 

6:44

6:49
 This is one of those mornings where it's definitely worth getting up early.  At first, a clear sky, then the cloud banks floated.  Finally, the sun rose over the horizon, painting the tips of the clouds until it finally was hidden, once again, behind the clouds.  Wow.  It's cooling off again, a 35º morning after yesterday's early morning high of 50º.  It's now 7:30, the sun is out, the clouds have mostly disappeared and the lake and sky are vivid blue.  I would get out my kayak accept for a narrow, thin skin of ice still surrounds the shoreline again.

6:50

7:30
Yesterday was somewhat different, only in that Evie was up early.  I had to drop my car off again, to get the brakes cleaned, so she drove our other car, picked me up at 9:10 and left me at yoga before driving off for a workout at the YMCA.  It worked well, as I finished around 11:00, walked down to Ryder's Cup for a coffee and by the time I sat down, Evie drove up.

We were home by noon with a large afternoon ahead of us.  Evie made us a tomato/egg omelet and pita for lunch along with lentil soup, and we both sat down and watched Wallander until I decided I would rather read some, perhaps take a nap.  I did.  Evie hung out in the TV room, playing Word With Friends, getting more than her fill of 'breaking news,'repeated over and over again by the various news channels.  It must be difficult to be a host of let's say the four o'clock hour, knowing that the previous three shows have been talking about the same thing on your agenda.  Such is the 24 hour news cycle.

Neither of us had much energy after the morning and it was dreary outside so I volunteered to drive to Bemus Point to pick up a pizza so Evie would have an easy night.  So off I went around 6:00, picked it up while Evie made a salad.  We had pizza, salad, and a Pepsi, a favorite combo since our high school days at Carmella's Pizza.   It was not a good TV night although THIS IS US was on at 9:00.  So we watched a recommended series put out by the BBC last year, THE HONORABLE WOMAN.  We started it last year, but put it aside because we traveled and never got back to it.  It's good, a little hard to follow at first but we are into it.  We then watched THIS IS US, another tear jerker but well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...