Saturday, March 25, 2017

A Noisy Morning Of Peepers And Water Fowl


7:22

7:23

7:30

7:38

7:44

7:52
I was up at 6:00, walked outside to pick up my paper, and I heard peepers for the first time, a sure sign of spring's awakening.  And when I went out to take a morning photograph, I could hear the sounds of both ducks and geese, perhaps swans in the distance.  The lake in front of our house is still frozen though it's open in much of the lake.  It's 45º out yet it feel chilly in the house.  A light rising fog from the lake obscures our view but it will soon disappear.

Yesterday was uncomfortably warm in the afternoon although the morning was fine.  We decide to go for a walk at the Chautauqua Institution around 11:00, taking our time in the morning.  After all, there's no reason to hurry.  We walked the three and a half mile loop, taking our time, enjoying just being outside again.  And there's always something to see, something you have not seen even though we have been walking the CI for years.  The lake was open, no ice to speak of and roads were wet or muddy from the construction crews.  We did not get home until 12:45, so I had a lunch of leftover teriyaki chicken, broccoli and brown rice.  Nothing like leftovers by the way.  I watched the rest of the Kansas/Purdue game which I had taped from the night before.  The Jayhawks are going to be very tough to beat.

A Happy, Singing Cardinal At The CI
Evie and I then switched places, as she moved to the TV room, to await the voting on the ACA which never happened.  So sad.  And I couldn't wait to get away from the news, back to my book set on the French Riviera in 1954. I read, took a nap, then Evie called me in to listen to Paul Ryan and Donald Trump, with his two wooden Indians standing beside him bloviate about how Democrats were responsible for the failure of the repeal and replace of the ACA.   So much for the deal maker.  I have to admit we were elated when the refusal to vote on the act was announced.  My take is the attempt to end Essential Health Benefits (to appease the Freedom Caucus) brought out the moderates to vote against it, fearing the ire of their voters when they returned home..

We had a surfeit of fresh eggs from Ryder's Cup and since they are now good for you, a super  food, we decided to have a Turkish omelet, a menemen, with home fries and asparagus.  Add a bagel to the mix and we had a tasty, quick, easy dinner.  We tried to avoid the 'breaking news' at my request, so we watched Vice News, another episode of Season Three of THE FALL, and then parts of the NCAA tournament.  Finally, at 10:15, I went up to read and Evie stayed down until 11:00, watching some of her shows.

Required Essential Health Benefits Under The ACA which might have been cut had the Republicans repealed and replaced ACA.

• Ambulatory patient services (doctor’s visits)
• Emergency services
• Hospitalization
• Maternity and newborn care
• Mental health and substance abuse disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
• Prescription drugs
• Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
• Laboratory services
• Preventive and wellness services, and chronic disease management
• Pediatric services, including oral and vision care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...