Thursday, March 30, 2017

A Dark,Threatening Morning Sky - Viking Club, Lodge 65


6:54

6:55

6:56 

It's a windy morning, dark clouds, a ruffled lake, with rain over the next couple of days.  It's cooled of some, 37º, and the wind is howling, the wind chimes ringing.  No kayaking this morning.

7:00
Yesterday started out sunny with blue skies and it stayed like that all day.  If that's spring, I will take it.  I decided to start up with yoga again and I enjoyed class, realized how much I missed it.   It was good to get back in touch with my body, my breathing, the art of mindfulness.  I sound like a yoga geek, a cliche I know.   After class, I stopped at Ryder's Cup for a coffee, then drove to Aldi's to see if I could find some deals.  They are getting more attractive to the average shopper, going organic with many of their foods, and they always have a Wednesday advertisement in our paper.  So I paid my twenty five cents for a cart, roamed the store, having a difficult time finding some of the sale items like walnuts and dried cherries.  Eventually, I found a few other things we wanted to try, frozen scallops and sockeye salmon.  Aldi's is not a shopping experience like Wegmans, just a bare bones, non frills store.

When I got home, it was still sunny out, so I got out the shop vac and bucket of water and worked on cleaning the insides of both cars, filthy from a few months of winter.  It took me about forty five minutes and I even got out a hose, hooked it up, and washed off the mats.  Here's hoping we don't have much of a big freeze.  Lunch was something I had been craving, a corned beef sandwich on rye, with a nice big kosher pickle.  Add a bowl of Evie's vegetable soup and I was a happy boy.  I watched more of Wallander, then read and took a nap.  Meanwhile, Evie had finished most of the spring cleaning of the upstairs before driving off to do some shopping and eventually get to the gym.  I think the sunny weather perked both of us up, helped us to find our mojo.  Evie hit T.J's, found some clothes she liked and didn't get home until 4:45, happy with her workout and shopping.

Four Vikings

Sunset At 7:25
We met Ron and Linda at the Viking Club at 6:15 because it was Cuban night.  When we got there, a couple of our friends sitting at the bar mentioned they were running low on Cuban sandwiches, so we better order soon.  So as Ron got the beers, I ordered the last four Cuban sandwiches.  We were able to get seats at the window, so we could watch the sunset.  And the Cubans were about as good and huge as they have ever been.  Needless to say, the four of us were very happy.  And I have a half of Evie's sandwich leftover for today's lunch.  We ran into Dana and Barb and some regulars, too, which was fun.

A Cuban Sandwich

Dusk At The Viking (8:10)
We got home around 8:30, in time to get in the most recent episode of The Americans, and a Vice news before I was ready to go upstairs to read and sleep.  A good day for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...