Saturday, March 4, 2017

A Winter Morning Light


8:14
Winter seems to have returned to our area for a few days. It's 16º, a rough, wild winter lake, a yard with a couple inches of snow.  It does not make me want to get outside and do something.  Rather, stay warm and comfortable inside, with Evie, also up, with our coffees and NPR.  Not a bad way to start the weekend.

Yesterday was a miserable day weather wise.  It snowed on and off, was face biting cold, and the roads were sloppy.  I made it to yoga, however, braving the weather, like anyone who lives around this area and works.  Yoga was of six but good.  I missed class only once this week.  I then got a cup of coffee, then drove off to Sears, to get a four wheel alignment from Sears.  Since our flat, the car tended to pull, so I took advantage of my life time alignment contract with Sears.  While they worked on my car, I checked out washing machines at Sears.  Our washer seems to be dead and getting someone to check it over, then fix it, may equal the cost of a new one.  The news, of course is not good.  We cannot just buy a washer and set our old but still working dryer on top.  They have changed the sizes, the way they sit, so we have to buy both.  Typical.  I expressed my pique, then headed back to pick up my car.  We may just get our washer/dryer somewhere else.

4:15
When I got home, Evie had gotten out some soup from the freezer and was heating it up.  And I had half of a sub sandwich leftover from the day before.  So I was happy with a hot, nourishing bowl of black bean soup and a sub.  And I watched he first half of another Wallander starring Kenneth Branagh.  The rest of the afternoon was our typical, reading some, trying to nap, watching TV, waiting for more 'Breaking News' on CNN.  Sessions lying has now been eclipsed by Pence's use of a private email.  Wowser.  I don't think I can take four more years of this.  Mid afternoon, the sun came out, the sky turned blue, and our moods changed as the day waned.

Ellery Farm at 4:26
Fortunately, we were being taken away from the 'fake news', as we were meeting Linda and Ron for a fish fry at Seezurh House in Bemus Point.  It was good to be back at our old standby restaurant for the past 36 years.  The four of us ordered the fish fry and both Ron and my fish were hanging over the side of our plates.  We got an update on the progress of their new house, which took us back to the days when we were rebuilding and having to make one decision after another.  We are glad it's them and not us having to do it.  We were home by 8:00, an early night out I  guess, and we watched some news, Colbert and Corden before going up to read before falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...