Saturday, December 17, 2016

Winter White


7:41
I was up at 6:30, my used to be usual time, so I got up to a chilly house,  59º, so I turned up the heat to a toasty 62º and got out my blanket.  It's 18º outside, may warm up to the high 20's later in the day, with a forecast of a wintry mix.  The lake is not only mostly frozen but now it's a vast whiteness, somewhat hazy at the moment either from snow or fog.  It makes me want to get my cross country skis out of the attic.

Trying To Keeping Warm
I am beginning to feel better, hallelujah, a long time coming.  I still have a persistent cough but I am not as stuffed up, nor do I have headaches.  So the antibiotics seem to be making some progress.  I am not, however, very peppy, preferring to lie around all day, reading watching TV or napping.  But as I start to feel better, this leisure does not sound as tempting, a good sign.  I want to start doing something.  So I looked up yoga for colds and flu so I will do some yoga today, not too much, but enough to get me moving again.

Sparrow On A Rhododendron Branch
And we are going to have an adventure today, a trip, to the Transfer Station, a two mile drive.  We are going have to get up our courage to venture forth into the real world, leave our pod of warmth.  Our trash overfloweth since we have not been to the Transfer Station since before Thanksgiving. We are going to travel together to the Transfer station, a first, kind of romantic really.

Tufted Titmouse Perched
So not much went on yesterday.  Evie relaxed much of the day occasionally photographing the bires at our feeder until she went out, mid afternoon to free out car from being snow bound and though there's a dusting on the mighty Subaru this morning, we should be in good shape.   She was out a good half hour and came in only when the wind started to pick up. While she shoveled, I watched another Wallender, some women's semi final volleyball and read.

Black Capped Chickadee Checking Us Out
After Evie's snow shoveling,  she did not  feel much like making dinner, so it was fine with me if we had chicken and biscuits again.  We watched another Danish film, Adler-Olsen's A CONSPIRACY OF FAITH, a tad too violent and extreme for us, but we stuck with it.  There's a darkness in the Northern European crime novels  (Nesbo, Mankell, Larson, and Indridasonthat that is not apparent in either English or American novelists.  

Posing
It's after 8:00, birds aflutter on the feeder and Evie's still sleeping, lucky gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...