Sunday, December 11, 2016

Digging Out As Lake Begins To Freeze


Winter Wonderland

8:30

Snow Covered Geese at Dusk 

It's 845 and I have been up since 5:00 because of my coughing.  I came downstairs, tried to sit up for awhile and eventually fell asleep again until 8:15. I was surprised to see it so light.  And when I looked at the lake, the first 10 to 20 yards were frozen and hundreds of waterfowl, mostly geese and ducks were resting on the frozen edge or swimming.  And two pairs of Trumpeter Swans cruised by our house.

Ducks And Trumpeter Swans

Swans A Swimming
Yesterday was about the same for both of us.  I am not better, spent most of the day coughing, taking pills, sleeping and watching TV.  What else to do when you are feeling lousy.  Evie was a little more active although she still has an annoying and fairly constant cough, too.  But she does not feel lousy like me which is lucky.  She can take care of me.

I did have eggs for breakfast as they sounded good.  And Shane had plowed out part of our parking space so Evie went outside and worked on getting our car out from being snowed in by a three foot snow plow wall.  It took her a good forty five minutes to get the snow away enough to drive the Subaru out on to the road and into our driveway.  At least we now have a car available if we need it.

Snowy Water Fowl
It snowed on and off yesterday and we probably got another eight inches, likely a two foot total or more for the past couple of days.  A winter wonderland.  I watched some basketball but soon got bored so we watched another episode of The Crown around 3:00, to give us some thing to do.
More Evening Snow
For dinner, Evie made a pasta sauce with mushrooms and Italian sausage which sounded good to me but I could not eat much as I don't have much of an appetite.  We watched more of The Crown until 10:00 when I went up to bed to read and sleep.  Fortunately, I downloaded a mystery on my Kindle which I like, THE CROSSING PLACES,  by Elly Griffiths, which I am enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...