Saturday, December 10, 2016

Snowed In And Miserable


8:32

Snowed In

Snow Capped Cairn
Well, guess what, it's snowing again; I cannot remember it ever being like this.  It's almost 8:00 as I write and I have been up since 6:30, trying to get comfortable.  It's so gray out at the moment, the snow so thick that I can hardly make out the lake.

Yesterday was not a good day as neither of us felt well.  In fact,  I got worst and have what might be called a full blown cold or flu, or something, with a bone rattling cough, chills, aches, headaches, no voice and gunk in my eyes this morning when I got up.  So it has been a very unpleasant day and today does not look much better.  Evie, despite not feeling tip top her self, has taken good care of me, making sure I get lots of liquids, fixing meals, and reminding me to take various medicines, none of which seem to make much different as each day I have felt worse.

Long Point

Next Door
And we are really snowed in as both our cars are surrounded by two feet  of snow or more, making it difficult to move them.  We usually keep up with shoveling the driveway but since we have been sick, the snow has just accumulated and accumulated.  We are expecting another 5-8 inches today, the same tomorrow.  It's the kind of snow we would love, have pined for but the fact that we cannot enjoy it is upsetting. The ducks, however, seem to be enjoying it as huge flocks have settled in the water in front of our house, as well, as some geese, a couple of trumpeter swans.

Buffleheads
So we slogged through the day, napping, imbibing various liquids, taking naps until meal time.  We had an omelet for dinner, and watched  three episodes of The Crown, then to bed.

I did walk outside and ask Shane, or snow removal guy, to see what he could do in our parking area with his plow which may help.  Being sick sure makes you value being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...