Friday, December 30, 2016

Snowed In...Again

8:12
It's just 7:00 and it's still pitch black outside.  I am listening to NPR, sipping coffee, wondering if I should get our snow plow guy to clear our parking area.  We got close to a foot of snow over the last 24 hours and I am not sure we are up to shoveling this much accumulation.  It's a winter wonderland outside; we love it but I wish we could both take more advantage of it rather they snuggling up on our couches much of the day.

What I mean is neither of us have the energy yet to enjoy the outdoors.  The cross country skis and snow shoes are still in the attic, waiting to be brought downstairs and used.  I don't mean to sound like a whiner but I am tired of not feeling energetic, of not wanting to get outside and enjoy the snow. I guess I just have to be patient and it will come.  Enough of my petty concerns.

Snowy Weather
Yesterday was another snowy day, as the white stuff fell on and off during the day, prompting me to get outside a couple of times and clear our parking area, to no avail as it has 8 or 9 more inches this morning.  Neither of us ventured out yesterday, having been smart enough to do our shopping on Wednesday and stocked up on everything we need, groceries and books, which should get us through New Year's Day.  So I spent most of the day reading, making Turkish tea, and took a nice long nap, catching up on the sleep I did not get the night before.  Evie, however, was her busy self.  We had early in the day asked our neighbors, the Fox's over for dinner.  We had not really seen or talked with them since October, so we wanted to get together when we saw they were up for a long weekend.  So Evie spent time in the kitchen, on and off, during the morning and afternoon, prepping our dinner of chicken paprikash, salad, and brussel sprouts.  I  helped when needed and did most of the clean up.

4:16 Colors
We had a really fun evening.  The Fox's arrived in a snow storm at 6:00 and left at one around 9:45. We had appetizers and beer and wine before dinner, as we caught up on what has been happening over the past few months.  Dinner was great, lots of chicken smothered in a paprika sauce, on noodles.  After dinner, we had Turkish tea, home made cookies and listened to various favorite musical groups on Apple Music. They, like us, love it up here when it snows hard, so both of us are looking forward to the weekend.

Dinner With Jim And Barb
When they left, we quickly cleaned up, washed and dried the dishes so we could wake up to a clean kitchen.  I went up to bed to read and Evie stayed downstairs to unwind by watching some TV, ending a good day at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...