Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Another Day Like The Last


7:02

9:00
It's 8:35 and I have only been up for twenty minutes.  It's a chilly 18º outside and the lake is beginning to freeze up again.   It's winter looking day, gray, gray, gray and its just starting to snow.  I wonder if anyone has been able to enjoy this snow or are they hunkered down like us, staying warm.  I cannot even imagine cross country skiing I feel so lousy.

Let me start with the one good thing from yesterday.  Despite my constant cough, I slept the night, getting up only once, to take another teaspoon of codeine laced cough syrup.  Yes, drugs, thank goodness.  It reminds me of the librarian from WRA who always picked up aspirin with codeine when her family visited Canada.  I guess they really worked.  Other than that, my day was just about the same as before, lots of coughing, headaches, crusty eyes, a slight temperature.  So far, the antibiotics have not made any difference in my symptoms or how I feel.  I just hope this antibiotic is the right fit for my pneumonia.

Cairn In Winter, Losing It's Grip
Evie, as I mentioned, despite just recovering from pneumonia, has been taking good care of me, anticipating my every need.   She spent a good part of the day with the doctor's office, trying to get someone to prescribe a cough medicine for me.  Finally, about 3:00, she succeeded so she drove off to Lakewood to do a little shopping while picking up my medicine stopping at Sam's and Wegman's.  She did not get home till 5:00, just as it was getting dark.

I finally watched an afternoon movie before falling asleep, A FEW GOOD MEN, mostly to get to the end when Jack Nicolson's speech wins him an Academy Award.  Quite a performance.

Early in the day, the idea of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy sounded good to me but I did not mention it because I did not want Evie to fuss.  Well, that's what we had for dinner, a rotisserie chicken from Sam's and homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, so good that even Evie liked it.

We watched another disappointing episode of THE AFFAIR, too much emphasis on minor characters, not enough of Noah.  He's coming back next week.  We also watched a hot Black series on HBO called INSECURE.  It had it's moments but it's often gross and vulgar, taking the vulgarity from GIRLS up another notch.  I guess that's what the millennial want, whoever they are.  I am beginning to really dislike them!   Have a good day.  Me too.

Our Third Local Club
O, yea, I forgot.  There was one other good thing that happened to us yesterday.   We got our membership card to the Gowanda Slovenia Club.  Exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...