Tuesday, December 13, 2016

One Pneumonia, Two Pneumonia!


8:27

8:28
It's 8:55 and I have been up since 8:20.  I woke to sunshine, to a clear lake, and hundreds of water fowl.  We have never seen so many swans (at least 50) either floating by or feeding on the lake weeds.  We may get a few more inches of snow today but nothing like this weekend.

Eight Swans A Swimming

Swans A Floating
Yesterday was not another good day.  Fortunately, we were able to get an appointment with Dr. Berke, my doctor, in the afternoon.  My cough is persistent, almost non stop, and we have not been able to find anything to control it.  Around noon, a service man from Olean stopped by to check out our new oven to make sure it was working properly as there were concerns about the oven door.  All okay.  And before we went to the doctor, Evie made some more sugar cookies, not worrying too much about dinner because I am not very hungry.

A Perky Cardinal On Lookout

A Lean Bird
We left for Mayville at 3:15.  Evie dropped me off for my appointment at 3:45 and then drove to Tops to do some shopping and avoid the doctor's waiting room.  It took a good half hour before I saw the doctor and after listening to my chest and checking my 0.2 levels, pronounced I had pneumonia.  He prescribed a five day antibiotic, warned me it might take four to six weeks before I was back to normal,  and I then  went next door to Johnson's pharmacy with Evie and picked it up.  We are becoming good friends with the pharmacists and their staff.

A Lake Filled With Water Fowl

Swans On The Edge
I was glad to get of the doctor''s office and we went straight home, me to the couch, Evie to start warming up some spaghetti for our dinner.  Since we finished The Crown, we needed a new series so we watched two episodes of Amazon Primes THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE.  It's premise explores what would have happened if we lost WW II.  Thus, the Eastern states are under Nazi Control, the Western under the Japanese, and the large middle is the neutral zone.  We are not overly enthused about it after two episodes (it's quite violent) but I will stick with it a little longer to see where it goes.  It is an interesting idea.  We both went to bed at 10:30 and neither of us had a good night because of our coughs.  Nothing seems to work.
Evie's Getting Into The Holiday Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...