Thursday, December 1, 2016

Still Lying Low In Dallas, Alas


School Ready
It's 7:23 and Marisa and Rami are about ready to head off to school and work.  We have been up since around 6:30, watching Morning Joe, drinking coffee while Marisa enjoyed her bagel breakfast and Beth fixed her lunch.

Yesterday was not one of the better days, as Rami felt terrible but went to work and Beth and Evie both were under the weather but able to function. So we basically hung out at the house much of the day although Evie wanted to test herself so she went shopping with me at Tom Thumb, a mistake because she returned home with the chills.  Beth did not feel terrible, just no energy and a sore throat so none of us felt like trying to do much else during the day.

Spreading Oaks
When we got home from Tom Thumb, Evie quickly put together our dinner, a big pot of chili and when that was done, we had most of our work done for the day.  I got my exercise by taking Cody out for a couple of walks.  And late afternoon, Beth went to pick up Marisa and dropped me off uptown, next to Trader Joe's where I picked up some cauliflower rice  and walked home on a lovely, sun setting afternoon, my only real exercise of the day.

Streets Of Highland Park
I forgot to mention that whenever I get together with Rami, he always has something new to show me about photography.  This time it was using the app called Google Photos.  It will save all your photos online with no charge, no matter the size of your library.  Well, I started downloading my external hard drive where I stored all of my photos, 68,000 of them, and it's taken until yesterday for all of them to download.  Now, however, all my photos are available either on my computer, or Evie's iPad or iPhone 24 hours a day.  And it's free. Amazing.   And I don't have to worry about losing them because they are on  the cloud, wherever that is.  And any time I download a photo from my camera to my photo program, Aperture, it automatically sends them to Google Photos.  My technological life keeps getting better.

Marisa got back from gymnastics around 5:00, happy and ready to demonstrate all she had learned. Rami got home about the same time, feeling terrible and went straight to bed since he had hardly been able to sleep the past couple of days and yet went to the office.  We opened a nice bottle of pinot noire, and sat at the kitchen bar while Beth put together our salad and made both rice and cauliflower rice for our chili.  Dinner was fine, as the kids all said they really liked Evie's chili, especially Tyler liked the fact that there was lots of meat, less beans.

And like the previous night, as Marisa did her homework and Beth and Rami watched TV, Evie and I watched another couple of episodes of FX's Fargo with Tyler before going to bed just after 10:00.  None of us stay up late in this house other than Tyler, who tends to keep night owl hours, rising at noon, going to be around 2:00 or 3:00.  Ah youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...