Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Waiting For The Sunrise On A Clear Morning

7:20
7:21
7:22
I was up at 6:00 on the dot and got up quickly for one reason, to hear the pundits respond to Hillary's trouncing of Donald last night.  And all of MSNBC agreed with me, obviously in contrast with the myopia of Trump's people who think he won.  I wonder what TV they were watching.  The Donald was himself, blustering, ignorant, and almost incoherent at times.  But it makes little if any difference, alas, as the debate will NEVER change the Trump supporters minds.  Or Hillary's for that matter.  Enough!

We treated yesterday like a rainy day, reminding me of our winters, where we stayed inside and enjoyed being cosy and secure in our house.  For me, however, I spent most of the morning in Erie, at a 5 minute doctor's appointment, then an hour at the Honda dealer to find our I needed a new seat belt clasp, which they had to order and I will have to go back to get it installed.  The good part, I don't have to pay for it as its under warranty.  I drove home the long way, to Ripley, then Westfield, where I picked up some Concord grapes for Evie.  I then stopped at the Lighthouse for a sub sandwich and picked up some Utz chips for last night's debate.

Lunch, then was easy, cut the sub in half and heat up some corn chowder.  And I watched what I assume was the last episode of NARCOS, as Pablo Escobar was finally cornered and shot by the Columbian police.  The final scene, however, suggested that there is a new cartel in town and the US and its agents are going to go after them, thus another season for NARCOS, I assume.

Because of the rain, we then did little the rest of the afternoon although Evie mid afternoon prepped dinner, making a Spaghetti Squash Gratin with swiss cheese and putting breading the pork schnitzel.  We watched some TV, listened to Julie Mason on POTUS until 4:30 when I braved the drizzle and walked the VictoriaWoodlawn woods, returning with numerous burrs on my pants.

We started our waiting for the debate around 5:30, with a glass of wine, then Evie browned the schnitzel and put the gratin the oven along with a few potatoes.  Dinner was at 7:00 and the Squash was amazingly tasty, unlike any squash I have had before.  We then watched more of the Spanish series, which passed time quickly so we could get to the debate.  To say we were nervous, would be an understatement.  I actually lasted to the very end, as Hillary seemed  in control, knowledgeable and Presidential and Donald seemed tired, defensive and  inarticulate, blubbering at times. He was woefully unprepared in contrast to Hillary. And I am continually shocked at how inarticulate Trump is, speaking in the sentence structures and vocabulary of a middle schooler.  As for the pundits, they all agreed that Hillary was the clear winner, even Steve Schmidt, a Republican strategist for both Bush and McCain.  I am sure Fox News saw it differently and they complained about Lester Holt being biased.  In the end, the debate is probably much ado about nothing because it will not change any one's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...