Wednesday, September 7, 2016

And Another Year Begins


6:24
7:04
6:07
It's a hazy, warm morning here on the lake.  At 7:30, it's already 70º out, already sticky.   Obviously, the weather gods haven't gotten the message that summer here at the lake is over.   The lake flies have, however, as I heard their humming for the first time this morning.  Let's hope their stay is feeble and quick.

Yesterday was back to routine here at the Davis household.  I was up early, wrote my blog, had my coffee and was off to yoga by 9:00.  It felt good to be back on the yoga mat, losing myself in my yoga.  I treated myself to a latte at Ryder's Cup, really lived it up since it was my 73rd birthday.  I then stopped at Home Depot to look at pantry handles, then on to Wegman's to pick up a few things for dinner.

When I got home, the washing machine was working overtime, and Evie had stripped and washed the linens in two of the bedrooms and they both were put back together.  I play, she works, and it works.  I had an easy lunch, a leftover Slovenian sausage and veggie soup and watched another episode of Ray Donovan though I got bored with it quickly and felt like reading and napping instead.  Neither one of us did much in the afternoon, mostly enjoying the sunshine either on the dock or in the air conditioned house.  About 4:00, we  took a long cruise down to the bridge and back along the Bemus shoreline, enjoying the almost deserted lake.  Labor Day here is really the end of summer for many people, as they take our their docks, their boats and close up their houses even though September and October are, for us, the best months at the lake.

No Explanation Needed
When we returned, Evie had already done quite a bit to put together my requested birthday dinner, breaded pork chops, salad and potatoes.  In fact, early morning, she had made twice baked potatoes for me. Yum.  So dinner was practically done after she breaded the pork chops, so we could enjoy  appetizers and Manhattans on our porch.  I had picked up some sushi and cheese from Wegman's to celebrate, so we were both happy on our porch.  We stretched cocktail hour out until 7:30 when we went in and had a great dinner.  We both have grown to love breaded pork chops with applesauce for some reason and the twice baked potatoes were over the top, a good way to end my birthday.  We were both in bed by 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...