Thursday, September 15, 2016

Fall Chill On A Foggy Morning


7:07
7:08
7:20
7:21
7:21
Up at 5:45 after a rocky night's sleep.  I came downstairs to a chilly, almost cold house, looked for my fleece, couldn't find it, so I wrapped myself in a blanket, like an old grandpa (that I am).  It was 49ª when I  got up and now, at 7:20, it's warmed up to 51º.  The fog continues to cover the lake, then rises and slowly moves, letting in the sun.

Yesterday was my last day of yoga for a while, as the weather has cooled off enough for me to start thinking about hiking, walking, and kayaking, rather being inside a yoga studio.  This is our favorite time of the year in Chautauqua County and I want to take advantage of the outdoors.  Right now, however, I just want to hunker down on my couch and stay cosy.  When I got home from yoga, after doing some shopping at the Mall, where a picked up a short sleeved shirt at 75% off, which means Bon Ton only made a 100% on it because of mark ups. Nothing like a deal, one you cannot pass up.

I did not get home until afternoon, only to find the living room pulled apart as Evie was continuing her deep cleaning, with our book case in her sights.  Before lunch, a couple of chicken tender sandwiches with tomatoes, I trimmed our privets, as they were starting to look straggly.  I then had lunch, watched the first episode of the second season of Netflix's NARCOS, did some reading, took a brief nap, then helped Evie with the book case.  We took down each book, each knick knack, dusted it or put it in a discard pile, dusted and wiped down the shelves with Murphy Oil Soap, then put everything back.  When we got done, the bookcase, in fact, the living room looked no different from when Evie started the deep cleaning two days ago. Only we know things are cleaner, less dusty, more orderly.

Moon Over Chautauqua at 8:00
By the time we were finished, around 6:00,  it was time for wine and appetizers on our chilly front porch.  We both put on our fleeces and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and early evening,  managing to stretch cocktail hour out until 8:00 when we went in to eat leftovers which Evie had frozen for just such a night.  We had koftes, toasted pita bread, with tomato sauce and yogurt, what Turks call Iskender Kebab.  It was just as good as when we had it in August with our kids.  We channel surfed, not  finding much worth watching and we did not want to start a series.  We went up to bed at our usual time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...