Monday, September 26, 2016

Still Cool, Then Some Rain

6:30
6:50
6:53
I am up early, of course, but I am not having my nice relaxing morning, drinking coffee, reading the NYTimes on my computer and writing my blog.  This morning, I have to be on my way to Erie for an annual check up with my doctor, then on to the Honda dealer to get my Accord looked at.  A fun day ahead of me and it's starts at 8:00.   It's 53ยบ out, clear, the moon out, and should get up to 70 later.

Yesterday, we really had a day of rest, like we are supposed to.  We vowed to take it easy and we did for the most part.  No big meals, no baking cookies, no making soups.  We did what we wanted and took a nice kayak paddle around 10:00, on a coolish morning.  Lots of bass boats out because the fog had lifted, and we paddled to the Long Point Marina, then back home.  Like always, it feels good to be on the water anytime of the year but especially in autumn.

We then had some breakfast, watched some TV,  then listened on Sonos to the morning news shows, as they geared up the audiences for the thriller at Hofstra tomorrow night, as The Donald takes on Hillary in a battle royal.  I will be so happy when this election is over and we get back to the reporting of some important news, something that's happening in the rest of the world that might just be of importance to us.

We then spent some time on the dock, perhaps one of our last days this week because rain is forecast for a couple of days.  Around 3:30, we were bored so we took a long boat ride down the lake to Mayville, then back on the other side.  We must have been gone for a good hour and a half, just cruising slowly, enjoying the going, not worrying about getting anywhere.  When we got back, Evie went back on the dock to read and I put the cover on the boat for the first time in a week, took some weeds up the hill, watered our trees and privets before it was time for dinner.

We had chicken and bacon sandwiches for dinner, along with corn chowder and we watched a couple of episodes of the Spanish Series, The Time In Between, then some news programs, just to keep up with the elections...just kidding.  I couldn't wait to go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...