Thursday, March 24, 2016

Taking A Break


7:11
7:41
I woke in darkness, thought to myself it must be after 6:00, checked my watch and it was 6:15.  I am getting pretty good at estimating the time when I wake.  What good does it do me?  So, it's now 6:41, utterly dark inside, a spot of pink just appeared over Bemus, and I started writing this earlier than usual.  It continues to be mild, 46º, and listening to the weather reports, the huge snowstorms in Colorado, I expected us to be hit by the storm later in the week but it looks like its south of us.  It's now 7:00, and the sky and lake are both slate gray, hardly a variation in either.

We had an easy day yesterday, as both of us had run out of gas, we were feeling blah for some reason, no mojo, some aches and pains, the usual I suppose combined with a bad attitude.  I had to make myself go to yoga even though I wanted to blow it off.  Class was challenging and even though I felt more alive afterwards, the momentum did not last long.  So, when I got home, all I wanted to do was lay down, read, take a nap, read, take a nap.  So that's what I did after a lunch of ramen and a chicken sandwich, another episode of Game of Thrones.  Evie felt much the way I did.  She, however, bagged a workout for the first time in a long time and stayed home, enjoying the leisure, getting some organizing done, enjoying the fact that she did not have to do anything.  Otherwise, we spent much of the afternoon watching the antics of rafts of buffleheads, which seem to enjoy the water in front of  our house.  And we had to chase Canadian geese off our lawn a couple of times, as they have figured out how to jump up onto our wall.  We are going to have to stretch a fishing line across our property which acts as a deterrent.

Cruising Buffleheads
Around 5:00, Evie put together some cinnamon crescents, using the leftover yeast dough from last nights rolls, filling the kitchen with great aromas.  We relaxed for an hour with a glass of wine before a dinner of bacon and a potato, spinach, tomato, and egg omelet.  The smells of the bacon and cinnamon rolls was overwhelming.

We spent our evening catching up on a couple of show, the O. J. series, then Evie's favorite, BETTER CALL SAUL then a couple of more episodes of OCCUPIED, which is both riveting and scary, a look into the future, where oil is scarce and Russia, with the acquiescence of the EU, occupies Norway, an interesting premise.  We also channel surfed between the big three, CNN, FOX, and MSNBC, quick tire of each, so we moved on.  A good book and bed sounded delicious.

Breakfast this morning with the guys but because the Bemus Point Inn is closed for a couple of weeks, we are going to the Village Restaurant in Dewitville, about 15 minutes away on the east side of the lake.  Last week, in fact, we tried the Ashville General Store.  Next Thursday, it will be back to the Inn in Bemus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...