Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Mild Morning of Gray


7:25
It's 7:30 and I have been up for close to an hour.  There's not much of a sunrise outside, too many clouds, with a hint of light just above the horizon.  It was quite mild, 52º when I walked outside to pick up the paper.  Listening to the pundits criticize Obama for going to a baseball game yesterday after the attacks in Belgium (admittedly insenstive), you would have thought he planned them and carried them out.  Everything is his fault.  And I wonder why the media doesn't criticize themselves for spending the past few months following Trump, ignoring terrorism and ISIS.

Yesterday was a lazy day for me, a busy one for Evie.  I have lost some of my mojo although I did make it to yoga, stopped for coffee and washed my car at a car wash.  That was about it for me for the day.  Meanwhile, since we were having Ron and Linda over for an early Easter dinner, Evie was busy on and off in the kitchen much of the day.  We both wanted it special so as I mentioned yesterday, we bought a leg of lamb.  It needed to be marinated, then roasted for a couple of hours, and finally, wrapped in tin foil until it was time to carve.  We were having shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, so I helped peel the shrimp before Evie mixed it with the mayo, lemon and red onion and put it in the refrigerator to chill.  We also had her homemade rolls for dinner, so the dough had to be made early, left to rise, then baked later in the afternoon.  So that's how she spent some of the day, getting things ready for dinner and I helped by staying out of the way or washing and drying some of the dishes.

An Early Easter Dinner With Linda And Ron
McClure's came by at 6:00, and relaxed with beers and the shrimp appetizer for a good hour before I went into the kitchen, carved the lamb, and Evie pulled the roasted potatoes out of the oven.  Evie plated the lamb and potatoes and we sat down to great dinner.  The lamb, however, was not as good as we remembered, so that was a disappointment although everyone cleaned their plates. Next time I will butterfly the leg, marinate it for 24 hours, and grill it.  McClure's stayed until 9:30 and we then reluctantly cleaned up the kitchen before watching some TV before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...