Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cool And Clear And Calm On The Lake, Terror In Brussels, Belgium (Equinox)


6:30
7:26
It's 7:30 and I just got up off my couch to take a photograph of a duck, sitting on our lake wall, but my movement scared him and his mate away.  The sun is bright, filling the living room with its light, the lake wrinkled, a slate blue.  It's a crisp morning of 25º, as I listen to the tragic news of the terrorist bombings in Brussels.  How very terrifying and sad.

Noon
Yesterday was cold, a frosty morning, with intermittent snowflakes during the day, painting spots of the lawn white, only to have them disappear when the sun came back out.  A strange spring day in Chautauqua.  I did, however, brave the frozen tundra of Lakewood, making it to yoga on time, a good class and my knee seems to be finally healing.  I then did some shopping for our Easter Dinner tonight with the McClures, who will be leaving for Pittsburgh tomorrow.  I picked up a boneless leg of lamb, the first time we have had one in a long time for some reason.  When we lived in Istanbul, it used to be our go to Sunday dinner, buy the leg of lamb on Saturday at the open Besiktas market, then roast it on Sunday with potatoes.  I can remember sitting at our kitchen table, having a glass of Buzbag (a cheap Turkish red wine which costs 50 cents a  bottle), having helping after helping of lamb with gravy.  Good memories.


Anyways, I also picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner, then stopped at Wegman's to get what I couldn't find at Sam's and finally made it home around 12:30. I had a leftover hot dog and some koftes with tomato sauce for lunch and finished the first episode of Game of Thrones although I am not sure what is going on other than lots shagging and violence, part of the lure of this series I suppose.

Our Hungry Neighbor
Evie then drove off to the Y, with little enthusiasm I might add, but she went anyways, then did a bit of shopping as well before returning home around 3:30.  I spent my afternoon as usual, reading, taking a nap, making some Turkish tea and munching on a tres expensive bag of cookies we bought from the Reverie Creamery, a mistake because they are not that good.

Long Point at 6:30 p.m.
We finally were able to settle down with a glass of wine or two, some hummus and cheese and crackers to enjoy the end of day before dinner.  Around 7:00, Evie put together a salad, fried up some leftover baked potatoes into home fries, and we had the rotisserie chicken for our main course.  We were anxious to get back to OCCUPIED but limited ourselves to one episode and went on to watch the latest episode of BILLIONS.  We like Axelrod and detest his nemesis, Paul Giammati, supposedly the good guy.   Hey, what's wrong with rooting for a billionaire!  It seems to be the flavor of the month, perhaps the year.

Moonlit Night 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...