Saturday, March 12, 2016

Raising An Arizona-Like Sky

6:12
6:33
6:42
6:43
6:44
6:50
6:51
6:52

7:05
Please forgive our putting up so many photographs; we only chose the best.

I was awake at 5:30, finally got up at 6:00, a good thing because the morning sky was spectacular, so much so I hardly knew when to stop taking photographs.  Each time I sat down, I had to get up and go back outside to take another photo.  Wildlife and their honks or hoots are back as well.  And huge floats of ice are moving down the lake, open for the most part except for mini iceflows.  It was a chilly 28º at 6:00 but should get up to the 60's later in the day with lots of sun, what we hope will be good kayak weather.  Right now, at 7:15, the lake is like glass, not a whisper of wind but it's too chilly to contemplate a quick paddle.

Yesterday was partly cloudy, surprisingly cold actually after a couple of 70º degree days.  Yoga was interesting as a couple of new students, both moms I think, filled a usually quiet room with grunts and groans, as they tried to follow the directions.  I remember those days well. I did some grocery shopping, a strange combination of yogurt, horseradish and a 30 pack of Labatts, saving me seven bucks.  Nothing like a deal.  When I  got home, Evie had made me tuna, tomato and cheese sandwiches; all I needed to do was pop them under the broiler for ten minutes.  And there was a nice big pot of her vegetable soup simmering on the stove so I was one happy boy.  She took off for the gym and to do some shopping soon after I got home.  I had my lunch, and started to watch the beginnings of a basketball weekend, in fact, a three week bout of March Madness.  I soon, however, got tired of it, moved to my couch and book, before falling asleep for a delicious afternoon nap.

Evie was home by 3:30 or so, and I decided to drive to the Chautauqua Institution, to return an over due film and go for a walk.  It was chilly but not cold, so I enjoyed myself and the lake north of The Bell Tower was still frozen but not for long.

I was home by 5:00, in time to get cleaned up by 6:00 when the McClures were picking us for for dinner.  We are back in our routine, something we have missed lately, of going to the Seezurh House for a dinner or like last night, for a Friday fish fry.  The Seezurh House was crowded, as it usually is on Friday's and almost deafening loud, as we struggled to hear each other, as the table on the other side of the room seemed to be screaming with laughter and talk.  Dinner was sort of fine, fish fry's for the three of us, a chicken sandwich platter for Evie which, unfortunately, was underdone, inedible.  And so it goes.  We were home by 9:00, ready to watch some junk TV when we turned to the news channels only to see the scary protests in Chicago, at the Trump rally.  I am afraid this is going to be the rule, not the exception at his events.  CNN reported this morning that people were lining up at midnight for today's Trump rally in Dayton.  I am not sure if they are protesters or supporters, probably both. This is starting to remind me of the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago when Major Daly turned the baton wielding police on the protesters.  Scary stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...