Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sunny and Cold Here At The Lake (26º)


7:09
Another sunny, blue sky morning, two in a row, the weather gods perhaps making up for the miserable Monday.  It should be nice enough most of the day before the rain and cloudy weather moves in later tonight.  I did hear a few hoots from loons when walked outside and a raft of bufflelheads seem to like the lake in front of our house because they have been there yesterday and this morning, dunking for vegetation I suppose.  They are becoming my favorite ducks

Buffleheads
Yesterday we did not stray from the usual, the routine, what has become our daily ritual.  I was up early, with coffee, camera, and computer, waiting for the sun to rise so I could photograph the changing sky.  I then wrote my blog, Evie picked out the photos, and I attached them to the blog before she proofread my blog and, viola, it was published and I could then get ready for yoga.  That's our morning most of the year.

Yoga class was fine, lots of gals and me!  I then stopped at Lakewood Library to return a couple of books and stock up on books for the next 12 days when we head south.  I then went to Ryder's, said aloha to the regulars, got my coffee and headed up on another sunny and windy morning.  Evie had spent the morning baking a banana bread and starting to put away our winter stuff and getting out our summer togs, shoes, sandals, the whole kit and caboodle.  She took off around 12:30 for the gym, then Wegman's for the last time before we leave on Friday for Folly Beach, South Carolina, a stone's throw from Charleston (actually at 15 minute drive).  Lunch was in the oven, frozen enchaladada's from a couple of weeks ago, still yummy.  I was tempted to get outside, to work in the yard but thought the better of it and read, took a nap, then drove off at 2:30 because Subaru had sent me a letter alerting me to a minor problem that needed to be fixed, something about resetting the computer which would take about a half hour (it took an hour).  So a good part of my afternoon was spent in Fluvanna.  After the car was done, I stopped at AAA, to pick up maps.  For those of you who don't know what a map is, it was what we used to plan a trip before the GPS was invented.  It's on a large piece of paper, usually colorful, folded in a complicated way.

I was home in time for wine time with Evie.  It was an easy night for us as all we had to do was warm up the Greek lemon chicken from Monday night, add a salad and broccoli.  We both LOVE leftovers, in fact, they always seem better the second day.  We watched BETTER CALL SAUL, a bit of a disappointment, then a Wallender, the Swedish inspector, again, not one of their best episodes.  All this was but an appetizer for the townhalls with the Fabulous Threesome, Cruz, Trump and Kasich.  Ask a question about immigration, and they will give you their biography. Ask a question about ISIS and they will talk about Obama.  For once, I had some sympathy for Anderson Cooper.  Bed could not come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...